cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

OldGuyinVic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was on a hike this morning using all trails application, and I was just curious how fast the data I used would be recorded, I went to check about an hour later and it didn’t show in my daily usage yet although it did show in my overall usage. Is that uncommon or how quickly should I expect to see what I use be reflected on my account details?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@OldGuyinVic 

I always go with the data usage line on my overview page and is updated very quickly.  It takes too much time to go over the usage details with calling and text entries mixed with the data usage.  I had tried to cut and paste to a spreadsheet and did the sort to eliminate the calling/text entries.  The worst part is copying page by page instead of one command to export a csv file.  BTW, there is no way to determine AM or PM from the event timestamps.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @OldGuyinVic 

Cool username, by the way.

The "View My Usage" details under the Change Plan button shows line-by-line items.  The data there seems to populate (total) only once a day, at end of day.

The data usage showing on the main overview page under Purchase Add-ons is instant and more real-time data information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OldGuyinVic : I think the going theory is that the details are about 12 hours. The front page counter is almost immediate.

@OldGuyinVic wrote:

I was on a hike this morning using all trails application, and I was just curious how fast the data I used would be recorded, I went to check about an hour later and it didn’t show in my daily usage yet although it did show in my overall usage. Is that uncommon or how quickly should I expect to see what I use be reflected on my account details?

Data usage shows up in your self serve account immediately, at least when it comes to the total that is listed as remaining. The specific details in usage history do have a bit of lag though. I would check later in the day.

Need Help? Let's chat.