cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Suthurnbell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan comes with 250 mb of data and I want to know what happens when I reach my limit.  I was able to keep track but when I receive a picture text it's showing I've used some data even though you say it's unlimited it appears to be tracking that free use as well  so how will I keep track of my 250 mb

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wetcoaster wrote:

If you have run out of data, your data usage on the overview page will disappear instead of showing "256/256MB" used. It's a quick in the system.

@wetcoaster this is very helpful to point out, as it is a constant source of confusion for recent customers

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Just to add a couple of points to the above answers:

If you go into your self serve account's usage history, MMS are listed as "data event" with zero MB usage. If you are using a messaging app like FB messenger or WhatsApp, it'll use data and shows the according usage (MB) in the usage history.

If you are using an iPhone enable the proper settings so that imessage actually uses the phone connection for sending SMS or MMS instead of your data bucket.

If you have run out of data, your data usage on the overview page will disappear instead of showing "256/256MB" used. It's a quick in the system.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@Suthurnbell On the main page of your account you can see how much of the 250 MB you have used, when that counter disappears it means that use have used all your data for the month.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Mms messages ie picture messages use data, but their usage does not count against your allotment.

Once you use your 250 mb your data stops. Until next cycle. Mms will still come through. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Suthurnbell wrote:

My plan comes with 250 mb of data and I want to know what happens when I reach my limit.  I was able to keep track but when I receive a picture text it's showing I've used some data even though you say it's unlimited it appears to be tracking that free use as well  so how will I keep track of my 250 mb

@Suthurnbell  When u reach the limit it just stops working. PM did not have overage charges. Picture texts do not count against your data.

@Suthurnbell wrote:

When you use up all 250MB, your cellular data will stop working. MMS messages will still work.  You can go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca for a more accurate data usage reading.

Need Help? Let's chat.