cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Chocolate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I rarely use my monthly data.  I went to use it this morning when I did not have yi-fi access (this also happened to me recently).  I have taken reset settings and still not working.  A few months ago I had to have the 'mother board' on my android phone replaced.  Is it possible that this maintenance has affected it in some way???

7 REPLIES 7

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Chocolate wrote:

I rarely use my monthly data.  I went to use it this morning when I did not have yi-fi access (this also happened to me recently).  I have taken reset settings and still not working.  A few months ago I had to have the 'mother board' on my android phone replaced.  Is it possible that this maintenance has affected it in some way???

The motherboard change could have replaced the storage chips. Different software could be installed and any of the APN settings brought up could have been changed.

Awu1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. Check to see that you actually have data left in your account or that your plan actually includes data. 

2. Check that in your phone, all data settings are turned on. Make sure airplane mode is turned off. 

3. When you turn on your data, does your phone show that the data is on? You can tell by looking at the top right corner of your phone, where your signal bars are located. If it is on, it should show an LTE sign or 4G sign beside your signal bars. 

4. If your data still does not work, feel free to contact a mod about this situation. To contact a mod, click on the little chat bubble on the bottom right hand corner of the screen in community. Chat with the SIMon and create a support ticket. A moderator will contact you within 48 hours. 

5. If the issue is not on Public Mobile's end, definitely give a call to whoever fixed your motherboard and let them know the issue. Most of the time, they are happy to take a look at it. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chocolate wrote:

When you had to rely on your data, did it work prior to the motherboard repair?

@Chocolate 

What's the make and model of your phone?

zomba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's possible but more important to have the correct data settings, check APN.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chocolate wrote:

@Chocolate hi check in your self serve account under data and add ons to see if you have any data left, what plan are you on?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
Need Help? Let's chat.