cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

sashamooney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So yesterday morning at 8 am I received an email that I used 75% of my data, I then turned off all my apps that used data within the next 30 min I boarded a plane and turned my phone on airplane mode. When I turned on my phone after my flight, I had another text saying I used 95% of my data. Can anyone explain this? I have 8.5gigs so it's very unlikely that I would have used it all

C83FA69D-32BD-4643-98A9-C5F4875213B1.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you disable auto updates for apps and GPS.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Definitely strange. In my experience I've received a text about hitting 75% when it's in line with what my phone shows me for data usage under "cellular data" settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sashamooney wrote:

So yesterday morning at 8 am I received an email that I used 75% of my data, I then turned off all my apps that used data within the next 30 min I boarded a plane and turned my phone on airplane mode. When I turned on my phone after my flight, I had another text saying I used 95% of my data. Can anyone explain this? I have 8.5gigs so it's very unlikely that I would have used it all

And turn off your data and wifi fail-over until you figure out what ate that ~1.7gb of data.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sashamooney 

Sometimes there is a time delay for the data tracker and the text warnings.  

Should check the data usage tracker and see whether it matches your actual data usage.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@sashamooney  Did you check your self service account to see if the data had in fact been consumed? It may have been an errant message. If you believe that this data being consumed may have been an error, then contact the moderators and explain your problem.

@sashamooney wrote:

C83FA69D-32BD-4643-98A9-C5F4875213B1.jpeg

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@sashamooney wrote:

@sashamooney  Check the data usage on you device for that specific date and see which Apps used up the data.

Need Help? Let's chat.