cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage not matching

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

On my data usage on the phone it shows 44mb and on the PM site it shows 23mb.  Which one do I go by ?

I know they can be off a bit but never saw it this much 

7 REPLIES 7

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dolphin1  Also, keep in mind, using MMS (pictures) requires data and your phone may log it as a data event, however, PM will not add this to actual data usage since MMS is included

Snr_Frog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I read somewhere that the PM $'s are updated based on Pacific Time, so for us poor fools in the east, it's a 3-4 hour time lag. 

Then the subject comes up wondering how quickly the PM data usage figure is updated. When I was on TELUS there was a disclaimer saying it can run up to 6 hours behind. In my opinion the PM data usage appears to update almost instantly though I haven't done any extensive testing.

AE_Collector

Snr_Frog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The PM site is the only true number to go by.  The #'s will mesh in time.

Another anomaly is that PM plans review at midnight eastern thus 9PM Pacific. I assume that trackers on phones they would restart at midnight on your renewal date whereas PM reset at 9PM. For those of us out west that leaves three hours that could cause a discrepancy. 

Also be certain your tracker resets on the correct day, some wont even do 30 day plans, only monthly so they have to be reset manually a day early in all months following a month that wasn't 30 days long. 

AE_Collector

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If she uses Android check out data witness pm. It tracks data on 30 day cycles. I found that it matches very well with online 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The PM site is the best and only true source. On your phone, check the cycle dates, they may be different. But Ultimately, PMs measure is CORRECT!

Need Help? Let's chat.