cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data ran out for first time, didn't come back on new month start, self serve website missing info

joshi82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I'm on a 90 day 6GB plan, 23 days until it resets. Started getting a "Sign in to telus" message a week ago, soon after a message saying I was running out. I thought it basically gave me 2GB per 30 days, but if that is the case it's not reloaded. Have I run out of the full 6GB already? Seems odd, don't think I've come close before and I was out of the country not using it for 10 days last month.

Self server website seems incredibly useless, the "Data & Addon usage page", which seems like the place to check if I have anything left, is just blank. The view usage page is just an itemized list of every few MB I have used at a time, am I going to have to go back over the last 60ish days and add that up to see whether I have anything left in my plan?

Any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

joshi82

Thanks guys

@joshi82 wrote:

Thanks for the detailed answer. Trying to get a new plan now, haven't topped up yet, but it only seems to be giving me a "change on next renewal date" option?

public2.png

Click on Top up your account Smiley Happy

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you want to change plans now you need to have sufficient funds in your account to cover the cost of the new plan.

joshi82

Thanks for the detailed answer. Trying to get a new plan now, haven't topped up yet, but it only seems to be giving me a "change on next renewal date" option?

public2.png

@joshi82 wrote:

public mobile.png

@joshi82No data left. Your options are purchasing a 1GB LTE add-on to tie you over until your next renewal. Another option is to contact the Public Mobile Team and ask them to renew your current plan early. Last option is to do an immediate plan change to another plan.

The link above sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Hope this helps!

Note: Due to the high volume of requests please be patient, it might take a while to get a response.

joshi82

public mobile.png

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@joshi82 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm on a 90 day 6GB plan, 23 days until it resets. Started getting a "Sign in to telus" message a week ago, soon after a message saying I was running out. I thought it basically gave me 2GB per 30 days, but if that is the case it's not reloaded. Have I run out of the full 6GB already? Seems odd, don't think I've come close before and I was out of the country not using it for 10 days last month.

Self server website seems incredibly useless, the "Data & Addon usage page", which seems like the place to check if I have anything left, is just blank. The view usage page is just an itemized list of every few MB I have used at a time, am I going to have to go back over the last 60ish days and add that up to see whether I have anything left in my plan?

Any suggestions?

The 90 days 6GB plan doesn't mean have 2GB for every 30 days. If you used up 6GB data in first 30 days, your data plan stops working. 

You may change the plan immediately but be aware that your current plan payment  will be lost and can't get refund since it is prepaid plan. Before you change the plan, make sure your account has enough funds available.

@joshi82 wrote:

So just in the overview section? I'm not seeing any mention of data in there, but it does say available funds zero

@joshi82  Can you post a screenshot of the landing page minus personal info of course.

joshi82

So just in the overview section? I'm not seeing any mention of data in there, but it does say available funds zero

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@joshi82 wrote:

Hi all,

Any suggestions?

@joshi82As soon as you sign into your selfserve account you should see what is you current data usage on the landing page. If there is no data usage statistics it means that you have used up all your data.

Need Help? Let's chat.