cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Data plan sucks.

My data plan is supposed to be 5gb of data for the month, I paid my bill on the 6th and its saying I need to sign into my data to use it when I've only used 2.8. I'm not happy. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Data plan sucks.

@dxvillbxbyy64: Thanks for posting your question at the forum. You mean you have 2.8 GB data left? Where do you get this error/notification to "sign into the data"? Could you give us some more info please. Smiley Happy

Thank you.
Mayor / Maire

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

My data plan is supposed to be 5gb of data for the month, I paid my bill on the 6th and its saying I need to sign into my data to use it when I've only used 2.8. I'm not happy. 

What do you mean by "sign into my data"?

1.  Enable your mobile data on your phone.

2.  Check the APN setting suing the following link.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

3.  Restart your phone.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

Since it appears you're a new customer, have you been able to use data at all?  If not, then you probably mean 2.8 MB, is that right?  When you login in to your online self-serve account, scroll down and look for the section that says...My Data & Add-Ons.  Below that, you will see how much data you've used out of your available 5GB (5120 MB).  The value highlighted in red will be your usage, while the blue shows your total data available.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    5GB at 3G Speed
    1941.620  /  5120 MB

If you've tried what @popping has mentioned, and it still does not work, try the lost/stolen method:

Once you log into your account...
Click the 'Plans and Add-ons' tab, then click 'Lost/Stolen Phone' tab, then click 'Suspend Service' button.
Log out of your self-serve account, wait several minutes, Log back in to your account and report that your phone has been found.

See if your data works after that.  If not, you can send a private message to the moderators by clicking here.  Response time is upwards of 48-72 hours.   Good luck.

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am (Eastern time), Weekends 8am to 10pm (Eastern time)

No I have only USED 2.8 of my data and I should have 5gb because my plan is 40 dollars a month for 5gb and free text n call Canada wide so I dont understand why its telling me to sign in when I havent used up all of my data. It's very frustrating because I paid my bill for this month and cant even use my data? Wtf.

I was extremely clear in my first post, the notification "sign into data" comes whenever I attempt to use my data which I should still have  2.2gb left. This is ridiculous. 

Didnt work. :/

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Message a MOD?

Did you check usage from within your PM online account, or just on your phone?

I'd like to speak with someone over the phone about this otherwise you're losing a customer. I dont want to speak to a bot or wait hours for an email response.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

I'd like to speak with someone over the phone about this otherwise you're losing a customer. I dont want to speak to a bot or wait hours for an email response.

Unfortunately speaking to someone over the phone is not an option.