cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data plan sucks.

dxvillbxbyy64
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data plan is supposed to be 5gb of data for the month, I paid my bill on the 6th and its saying I need to sign into my data to use it when I've only used 2.8. I'm not happy. 

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dxvillbxbyy64 

You have several people here trying to help you get to the bottom of what has happened yet you continue to not answer questions. Obviously you're not *required* to answer questions but we can't help you help yourself without those answers.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dxvillbxbyy64 have you mentioned which phone model you have?  If we know that, we could help you look at the data settings to see whether there is a limit set.  

Have you confirmed in your online self-serve account Overview page that it still shows data?  A snapshot of your overview page (with personal details blanked out for privacy) will confirm that.  

Other than that, if you only paid on May 6th, then it might make sense to try and figure this out since that was only a week ago.  

Other question is, since your data was working at some point, what happened since then?  Did that occur with a phone software update, out of the blue, or immediately after you paid for the 30/90 days?  Something must have changed to have this occur.  Anyway, good luck whatever you decide.

Pizzaeh

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

No I have only USED 2.8 of my data and I should have 5gb because my plan is 40 dollars a month for 5gb and free text n call Canada wide so I dont understand why its telling me to

Hi @dxvillbxbyy64, so your data was working at one point, which means the APN settings are correct.  Please read through the explanation by @srlawren below to see if the other reasons listed apply....

@srlawren said:

"From past experience in the community, I would say that the majority of people having issue connecting their data are not Public Mobile's fault.  Typical causes include:

- APN setting misconfiguration

- Customer has consumed of all the data in their plan/add-on(s)

- Mobile data accidentally turned off in phone settings by customer

- Phone is cutting off data becuase customer previously set a limit in the phone's setting and forgot

- Phone needs to be rebooted

None of these are issues with the service."

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

No I have only USED 2.8 of my data and I should have 5gb because my plan is 40 dollars a month for 5gb and free text n call Canada wide so I dont understand why its telling me to sign in when I havent used up all of my data. It's very frustrating because I paid my bill for this month and cant even use my data? Wtf.

@dxvillbxbyy64  When that happens it can be a number of things primarily related to your phone and not your account. Please note that PM had an issue with the Data not resetting properly during renewal and that might be the problem.

Can you please answer these questions:

1. What type of phone/model do you have?
  2. Did you set a data limit on your phone
  3. Are your APN settings using (Public Mobile) 

dxvillbxbyy64

You should understand as someone who was unhappy with Telus that we want what we pay for, I've gone through every response and advice I've tried multiple times to fix the issue and it still does not work. So yeah I'm going to blame it on the company for wasting my time and money. 

dxvillbxbyy64

I've gone through every tab this website has to try and fix the issue lmao, it's ridiculous that the company doesnt actually have a team that can call and sort things out with. I'm a part time student and pay my bill on my own, that's 4 hours of hard labor that I waste on a phone plan that doesn't even work.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

Cool I'll take my hard earned money somewhere else🤷🏼‍♀️

Soooo....you're not willing to do your own investigation on the possibility that you're misunderstanding something? You're just gonna blame the company and leave?

I see.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

I'd like to speak with someone over the phone about this otherwise you're losing a customer. I dont want to speak to a bot or wait hours for an email response.

Then obviously PM is not for you. But on the positive side, once you sorted out your problem you will not have to speak to any service rep.

dxvillbxbyy64

Cool I'll take my hard earned money somewhere else🤷🏼‍♀️

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dxvillbxbyy64 

Where do you see these numbers?

Are you seeing used or remaining on your phone?

Are you seeing used or remaining on the self-serve overview page?

Did you get a text warning you at 75% or even 95%?

Do you have a data block to protect you from overages that other carriers have?

TheOldVR

@surreyboz wrote:

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

I'd like to speak with someone over the phone about this otherwise you're losing a customer. I dont want to speak to a bot or wait hours for an email response.

Unfortunately speaking to someone over the phone is not an option. 

Yeah, this is the online service model... you'll need to send a message to a MOD.

They are good though, and will get you sorted out quickly.

Good luck!

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

Unfortunately speaking to someone over the phone is not an option. 

dxvillbxbyy64

TheOldVR

Message a MOD?

Did you check usage from within your PM online account, or just on your phone?

dxvillbxbyy64

Didnt work. 😕

dxvillbxbyy64

I was extremely clear in my first post, the notification "sign into data" comes whenever I attempt to use my data which I should still have  2.2gb left. This is ridiculous. 

dxvillbxbyy64

No I have only USED 2.8 of my data and I should have 5gb because my plan is 40 dollars a month for 5gb and free text n call Canada wide so I dont understand why its telling me to sign in when I havent used up all of my data. It's very frustrating because I paid my bill for this month and cant even use my data? Wtf.

Pizzaeh

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

My data plan is supposed to be 5gb of data for the month, I paid my bill on the 6th and its saying I need to sign into my data to use it when I've only used 2.8. I'm not happy. 

Since it appears you're a new customer, have you been able to use data at all?  If not, then you probably mean 2.8 MB, is that right?  When you login in to your online self-serve account, scroll down and look for the section that says...My Data & Add-Ons.  Below that, you will see how much data you've used out of your available 5GB (5120 MB).  The value highlighted in red will be your usage, while the blue shows your total data available.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    5GB at 3G Speed
    1941.620  /  5120 MB

If you've tried what @popping has mentioned, and it still does not work, try the lost/stolen method:

Once you log into your account...
Click the 'Plans and Add-ons' tab, then click 'Lost/Stolen Phone' tab, then click 'Suspend Service' button.
Log out of your self-serve account, wait several minutes, Log back in to your account and report that your phone has been found.

See if your data works after that.  If not, you can send a private message to the moderators by clicking here.  Response time is upwards of 48-72 hours.   Good luck.

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am (Eastern time), Weekends 8am to 10pm (Eastern time)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dxvillbxbyy64 wrote:

What do you mean by "sign into my data"?

1.  Enable your mobile data on your phone.

2.  Check the APN setting suing the following link.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

3.  Restart your phone.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
@dxvillbxbyy64: Thanks for posting your question at the forum. You mean you have 2.8 GB data left? Where do you get this error/notification to "sign into the data"? Could you give us some more info please. 🙂

Thank you.
Need Help? Let's chat.