cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

northof60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

two days after my plan renewed I got an email saying %75 of my 1gb was used up. This is not possible as I have always tracked my data usage very carefully.  
I cannot get my data to work and I live in a remote area and rely on this data.  
Public mobile data usage tracker must be broken. I have all data usage turned off on my phone except for when I need it.  
I need to reach a moderator to fix this. 

thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

northof60

Hi z10user4, 

I will let you know what the results are.  Just waiting to hear back from the moderator.  
thanks

@northof60 it is very rare but I saw or before not resetting on the renewal. It did happen before

It never miscounts it is not broken, but it's possible that system doesn't reset it to 0. 

Take the screenshot of your data usage since your renewed (tweak your phone beginning data to sync with your renewal) take screenshots of your data usage in selfserve since you renewed, ad both up if they don't come close to it forward it all to moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@northof60 

Please do update us on what happened and/or what the resolution was beyond any goodwill gestures.

Even if it's embarrassing 🙂 We don't know who you are 🙂

northof60

Gpixel4,

I got through after over 10 tries.  
thanks 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@northof60  Check the data usage on your device. If the amount is very different then submit a ticket to PM because it's possible that the data counter was not reset during your last plan renewal.

If your device shows large data consuption in the last two days then find the culprit and fix the problem.

To submit a ticket to PM click on the ? Bottom right of your screen.

@northof60 use your browser in incognito or private mode. it's working for me or use this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

northof60

Gpixel4,

I tried both options in that link and it either freezes or gives me a 404 error.  
thanks 

@northof60 click the link in the post above yours

northof60

Hello,

I have lived on just my phone data for a few years now.  I am very particular about my data usage.  I have EVERYTHING that uses data on my phone turned off.  I went through the Apple tech help line several times to double check this.  So wifi assist has been off for a very long time.  
There is No possible way that I used 750MB in 2 days.  The usage tracker made a mistake.  Lots of that time was out of cell service all together.  I live in a remote location, most of where I am has no cell service.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@northof60 you can contact Moderators here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@northof60 I am confident to say that PM data counter is pretty accurate. Some people used that to track their data usage. If that says you have used most of it, that is probably true. What does your phone say from two days ago? Some phones like iPhones use WiFi assist and that features sometimes uses data when the WiFi is weak. 

Need Help? Let's chat.