cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Prw990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am not able to get data working yet.  I have manually entered APN settings.  Phone is an Asus zenphone max plus.  Done a network reset.  Data Works on secondary bell sim.  Still does not work with bell sim removed.   Tried sim in both slot 1 and 2.  Data is on with roaming enabled.  Plan includes data.  Phone says is compatible when search s/n and imei.

hope I’m just missing something

thanks

37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prw990 wrote:

Hello tried with zenphone setting as well as generic android settings.  Don’t know if it means anything but 4g flashes on briefly every few minutes but unable to search or download picture texts.  See previous reply for exact zenphone model.  I checked compatibility before switching to public mobile and seemed ok

If you used the checker on this site then it's not very reliable.

But from what I can tell from gsmarena it might work. I don't know about all the international and even US stuff for working here. Radio is radio I guess.

Can you force down to HSPA 3G to get data?

Since you didn't find your specific phone on the gishan site maybe these might work:

Watch for case and spaces.
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Prw990

Hello tried with zenphone setting as well as generic android settings.  Don’t know if it means anything but 4g flashes on briefly every few minutes but unable to search or download picture texts.  See previous reply for exact zenphone model.  I checked compatibility before switching to public mobile and seemed ok

Prw990

Zenphone max plus M1(ZB570TL)

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

Could you post the exact details of the model. There are variations of these phones.

Most posts that begin with asus zenfone max, end with disappointment for the owner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prw990 wrote:

Hello,

I am not able to get data working yet.  I have manually entered APN settings.  Phone is an Asus zenphone max plus.  Done a network reset.  Data Works on secondary bell sim.  Still does not work with bell sim removed.   Tried sim in both slot 1 and 2.  Data is on with roaming enabled.  Plan includes data.  Phone says is compatible when search s/n and imei.

thanks

Could you post the exact details of the model. There are variations of these phones.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Prw990 wrote:

Hello,

thanks

Try changing the autoconnect and manually select PM and it's APN to see if that works 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Prw990 

The APN Setting need to match exactly.  

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Have you tried your SIM card in another phone to determine whether hardware issue versus Public mobile issue?

Need Help? Let's chat.