cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Violet0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I still have plenty of data left on my plan. When i turn on data, i dont get the indicator (4G+) near my cellular bar . Started happening yesterday .

13 REPLIES 13

anitafugere
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you it working now Woman Happy

calebn

I had the same thing happen and I just went back to Walmart where I bought the SIM card and they fixed it for me. Kind of a pain but it worked for me

@anitafugere

You may want to start your own topic.  

Does your phone text and calling work?  Is it only your data not working?  What phone model do you have?

Did you check your APN setting?  Sometimes have to manually change APN setting. 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

It might be an incomplete port

anitafugere

im having the same issue and did everything suggested...

it shows all my data and i have all bars full but no connection day 2 i switched over yesterday...

janem

Same problem here ... data not working.  Plenty of data left and I have a positive balance on the account, ready for the next pay cycle.  The data stopped working when I put money on the account several days ahead of the due date.  The phone is a 5C, have powered it on and off, have checked all the data settings, but no data.  Text works as does calling.  Help, please!

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have an iPhone 6S and this happened to me yesterday.  However, a quick reboot of the phone and everything was working again.

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Violet0 wrote:

I double checked my settings and restarted my phone. I have never had this happen before and I know the settings for data usage. I have an Android. 

I have no internet and no data icon. 

Just to confirm, did you reset your data settings as suggested above? Also, make sure to login to your self-serve account and confirm that you have data remaining - you should still see a 4G or 3G icon either way, but just to make sure everything has been checked.

I live in a rural area with spotty reception, and sometimes my phone will show an "x" or "!" next to the cellular signal bars and it can get stuck there even when going to a better service area (phone works but no data). Usually toggling data off and on will get it working again when that happens.

elahav

My wife's phone has the same problem as of yesterday. Mobile data is on, though I can see an exclamation mark next to the icon. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the billing cycle - last time she had a problem (couldn't make phone calls) was almost exactly a month ago, and I had to reach out to the moderator team to get it fixed.

Violet0

I double checked my settings and restarted my phone. I have never had this happen before and I know the settings for data usage. I have an Android. 

I have no internet and no data icon. 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Violet0 Did you try to reboot your phone? If you're using iOS, try to reset all network settings. Hope that help.

Korade

What phone do you have?

On some Android phones, its not difficult to accidentally disable data.

In any case, try resetting your cellular network settings to default and/or restarting your phone. 

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Violet0 wrote:

I still have plenty of data left on my plan. When i turn on data, i dont get the indicator (4G+) near my cellular bar . Started happening yesterday .

Are you still able to connect to the internet, even withouth the 4G+ notification (i.e. does it show 3G?)?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Violet0, are you sure that you have not turned off the data connection in your phone.  Whether you have data left or not you can still get a connection on the network.  Functions such as mms requires the data connection but doesn't consume metered data.  Try rebooting the phone, going to a slightly different location to see if the phone will connect to the different tower.  

Need Help? Let's chat.