cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working and self serve will not show usage

shawn908
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The LTE icon shows up in the top left corner of my screen. But my data data will not work. There is also a problem with self serve not showing how much data I have used. Help would be appreciated. 

Thank you.Data Fail.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @shawn908,

Not sure if your issue got resovled or not, but if you're still having issues you may want to check your APN settings on your phone.  My service was not working properly until I made the required changes in my phone settings.  Copy paste this link into your browser and follow the steps: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

Hopefully this helps if you're still having problems.

Acekiller

they should really let you check your usage history even if you used up your data..

shawn908

thanks man

closng

From personal experiencce, once you have used up all your data in your plan, the "usage" tracking link will not appear uner your plan add-ons so indeed, it might be the case that you have used up all your data for the period.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chri5 you can contact them by clicking this link to send them a private message.

However, that said, I can tell you with a high degree of certainty that they will respond saying that @shawn908 has indeed used up all his plan data for his current cycle.  Everything you describe* fits that scenario:  data was working and stops suddenly but not on a renewal date; nothing has change on the phone, phone settings, plan changes, etc; data bucket disappears from the My Add-ons section on the overview page.  These are classic symptoms of using up all your plan data.

*The only thing throwing me is your comment about not appearing in the usage history details.  Are you 100% sure you don't see any if you go back in time to before the data stoped working, at least a day or two?  I bet you will see it in there.  If you do, then @ShawnC13 has nailed it; If not, definitely contact the moderators to investigate.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chri5

Shawn used to be able to use data but it stopped working. And the usage page shows information about adding addons, as if he didn't have any. It doesn't look like my account at all.

How do you contact mods on here to do a quick check of his account?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chri5 that seems odd.  Did you scroll through several days worth?  Like, back to before the data stopped working?  

EDIT: I meant to say, @ShawnC13's reply does seem the most likely scenari.  Has @shawn908 been able to use any data with PM in the past?  Like, was it working fine one day and then the next it stopped?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Chri5

His "view my usage" link doesn't show any of his data usage either. Seems it be something wrong with his account?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@shawn908,

if the data addon is not showing up in your addon section of the self serve then you have used up all of your data.  There are a few options

1. Purchase a data addon (doesn't expire and available until fully used up)
  2. Use wifi until next renewal date
  3. Message a moderator and ask to have your plan renewed early. (I believe this would require you to have the funds sitting in avalable funds for them to process)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Chri5

@Jeremy_M pls help my dear friend

Need Help? Let's chat.