cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Data doesn't work; Cannot access data details on Data & Add-On Usage page

Hello Again helpful people,

This is a dad working on his daughter's phone, and apparently this phone *may* have made a successful phone call some time ago.  Apparently this is way more wrong with this account than data.  I'm trying to connect to the network for starters.  I've pulled the SIM card, turned off roaming, turned on data.  I'm letting it sit for a 1/2 hour, then I'll power it back up.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@StellaSak wrote:

This is a dad working on his daughter's phone, and apparently this phone *may* have made a successful phone call some time ago.  Apparently this is way more wrong with this account than data.  I'm trying to connect to the network for starters.  I've pulled the SIM card, turned off roaming, turned on data.  I'm letting it sit for a 1/2 hour, then I'll power it back up.

@StellaSak  What is the make and model of your phone? What plan are you on?

@StellaSak wrote:

Log into Self-Serve and check the account status. If it does not say Active then simply make a payment to reactivate.

If it does say active you can try the Lost/Stolen phone trick.

1. With the SIM in the phone, go to Plans and Addons > Lost/Stolen Phone

2. Click suspend account and logout

3. Wait 5 minutes then log in again

4. Go back to that page and reactivate service. Then reboot the phone.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@StellaSak wrote:

How do you contact the moderator?  It appears that you can't even make calls on this phone and it can't connect to the public mobile network.  I'm seeing errors on the phone trying to connect.

If the lost/stolen trick doesn't work, try adding $1 top up to your account and restart your phone.  Sometimes this will reset your account too.

If nothing works, send a message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

moderators can take 2-48 hours to respond back.

Regarding the data line disappearing from the overview page once data is depleted, unfortunately, PM's system is to remove the feature that is depleted (inc. mins on limited plans).  This has created a lot of confusion for customers and many users here have been asking PM to fix that feature to show full consumption instead.  Hopefully, eventually this will change.

Essential Products 128 GB Unlocked

- 3GB at 3G Speed /90 Days

- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk

- Unlimited International Text

Fantastic - I'll try this out.

I appreciate that - if the stolen phone trick doesn't work I'll contact them.

my replies don't seem to append to the message I was replying to - sorry for the orphaned messages at the bottom of this thread.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@StellaSak wrote:

my replies don't seem to append to the message I was replying to - sorry for the orphaned messages at the bottom of this thread.

@StellaSak  You need to click on the Quote button first and then hit the Reply Post button and it will append the message you are replying to.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@StellaSak can you swap the SIM card to make sure your card is not working. If it is a new account and you don't get Public Mobile as your provider it can be a provisioning problem Or your device has been blacklisted. Swapping the SIM card to another working phone can verify which situation it is.