cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data doesn't work; Cannot access data details on Data & Add-On Usage page

StellaSak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Something is wrong with my data plan as I have the little x on the bars on my phone.  I logged in to publicmobile.ca to view my data plan details(Data & Add-On Usage) and I don't even see the table indicating how much data I have (see attached screenshot).  Something is definitly wrong with my account.  help please!

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 3.31.27 PM.png

20 REPLIES 20

@StellaSak wrote:

my replies don't seem to append to the message I was replying to - sorry for the orphaned messages at the bottom of this thread.

@StellaSak   You need to click on the Reply button to the post you're responding to first, then click Quote.  I think @geopublic  inadvertently reversed the order:)

@StellaSak can you swap the SIM card to make sure your card is not working. If it is a new account and you don't get Public Mobile as your provider it can be a provisioning problem Or your device has been blacklisted. Swapping the SIM card to another working phone can verify which situation it is.

@StellaSak wrote:

my replies don't seem to append to the message I was replying to - sorry for the orphaned messages at the bottom of this thread.

@StellaSak  You need to click on the Quote button first and then hit the Reply Post button and it will append the message you are replying to.

StellaSak

StellaSak

I appreciate that - if the stolen phone trick doesn't work I'll contact them.

StellaSak

Fantastic - I'll try this out.

StellaSak

Essential Products 128 GB Unlocked

- 3GB at 3G Speed /90 Days

- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk

- Unlimited International Text

@StellaSak wrote:

How do you contact the moderator?  It appears that you can't even make calls on this phone and it can't connect to the public mobile network.  I'm seeing errors on the phone trying to connect.

If the lost/stolen trick doesn't work, try adding $1 top up to your account and restart your phone.  Sometimes this will reset your account too.

If nothing works, send a message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

moderators can take 2-48 hours to respond back.

Regarding the data line disappearing from the overview page once data is depleted, unfortunately, PM's system is to remove the feature that is depleted (inc. mins on limited plans).  This has created a lot of confusion for customers and many users here have been asking PM to fix that feature to show full consumption instead.  Hopefully, eventually this will change.

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@StellaSak wrote:

Hello Again helpful people,

This is a dad working on his daughter's phone, and apparently this phone *may* have made a successful phone call some time ago.  Apparently this is way more wrong with this account than data.  I'm trying to connect to the network for starters.  I've pulled the SIM card, turned off roaming, turned on data.  I'm letting it sit for a 1/2 hour, then I'll power it back up.

Log into Self-Serve and check the account status. If it does not say Active then simply make a payment to reactivate.

If it does say active you can try the Lost/Stolen phone trick.

1. With the SIM in the phone, go to Plans and Addons > Lost/Stolen Phone

2. Click suspend account and logout

3. Wait 5 minutes then log in again

4. Go back to that page and reactivate service. Then reboot the phone.

@StellaSak wrote:

This is a dad working on his daughter's phone, and apparently this phone *may* have made a successful phone call some time ago.  Apparently this is way more wrong with this account than data.  I'm trying to connect to the network for starters.  I've pulled the SIM card, turned off roaming, turned on data.  I'm letting it sit for a 1/2 hour, then I'll power it back up.

@StellaSak  What is the make and model of your phone? What plan are you on?

StellaSak

StellaSak

How do you contact the moderator?  It appears that you can't even make calls on this phone and it can't connect to the public mobile network.  I'm seeing errors on the phone trying to connect.

StellaSak

Thank you very much everyone.  I was quite certain that all the data was not used.  I find it surprising that the webpage will show absolutely nothing when you have used data up instead of indicating that you have reached the maximum - quite a poor UI.  This really doesn't tell me anything, especially when the phone says I've only used 70%.  I do understand that the phone and the providers numbers can differ, but a difference of 30% is huge.

Plan details:

This plan includes: -

- 3GB at 3G Speed /90 Days

- Unlimited Canada-wide Talk

• - Unlimited International Text

Payment due date Aug 17

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@StellaSak Did you buy a US roaming add-on recently (based on your screen shot)? If you have already back in Canada, try restart your phone and turn off the roaming button. Some people after using US roaming encountered similar problem. If it is still not working, you may need to contact the Moderator by sending them a private message to help reset your phone. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@StellaSakCan you elaborate on the x on your bars? Can you provide a screen shot of your phone? Can you dial in / out or text in the mean time?

What is your plan status (ie the first plage when you loginto selfserve) can you provide us with a screenshot of that (with your particulars blanked out of course)? When is your plan's renewal date?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@StellaSakWhat plan are you on? I

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@StellaSak 

Please edit your image to mask out your phone number as this forum can be access by anyone.

I have 5GB data every 30 days.  I have used 3868MB data. 

5GB at 3G Speed  3868.109  /  5120 MB
If you don't see the data usage line on the overview page after login, you had used all data allotment.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@StellaSak  As others have already said, when the data line (or minutes on a limited plan) disappears, then you've used up your alloted plan data.  You can, if your want, purchase an add-on 1GB/$30 or 200mb/$10 to tide you over until your renewal.  The add-on data stays on the account until used up (doesn't expire).

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you do not see your data usage, it means you used it all up.

brennanleblanc_
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@StellaSak wrote:

Something is wrong with my data plan as I have the little x on the bars on my phone.  I logged in to publicmobile.ca to view my data plan details(Data & Add-On Usage) and I don't even see the table indicating how much data I have (see attached screenshot).  Something is definitly wrong with my account.  help please!

If you don't see any data in your Data/Add-ons section, it means you have used all of your data for that cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.