cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data cut off but I haven't used my monthly amount

samk13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all!

I hope you can help. I only became a customer last month and am supposed to have 1 GB of data/month (1st to 1st). Yesterday, my data was cut off due to limit being reached but I've hardly used the monthly amount. My phone is showing data usage as 202 MB. I looked online at my account and don't see the data limit being reached, even including May.

I'm not impressed. I still have another phone with my Freedom plan on it (which I haven't had problems with).

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

RossN
Mayor / Maire

I have that plan  in order to keep under the 1gb I had to go into settings and turn off all auto updates so they would only update on wifi it helped me alot also stay away from video intensive apps  have had no problem since

@samk13 wrote:
My plan is $25/30 days, 500 MB+500 MB at 3G

@samk13  Here is a good article that provides tips on how to manage your data usage.

samk13
My plan is $25/30 days, 500 MB+500 MB at 3G

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samk13 wrote:

Hello all!

I hope you can help. I only became a customer last month and am supposed to have 1 GB of data/month (1st to 1st). Yesterday, my data was cut off due to limit being reached but I've hardly used the monthly amount. My phone is showing data usage as 202 MB. I looked online at my account and don't see the data limit being reached, even including May.

I'm not impressed. I still have another phone with my Freedom plan on it (which I haven't had problems with).

Thanks.

Have you confirmed that you're on the right plan and that you're allocated 1 GB of data?

Example: The $15 plan with auto-pay only provides 250 MB of data and not 1 GB.  I'm thinking you might me on this plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@samk13 wrote:

I didn't set a limit

As mentioned, if you don't see mention of data lower down on your overview page under Data & Add-ons then you've used it all.

You would need to set up your phone just so for tracking usage.

What plan are you on and when did you renew

samk13

I didn't set a limit

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samk13 

Sam, is there a possibility that awhile ago, on your phone under Data Usage, Billing Cycle, Set Data Limit: did you set a limit?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@samk13 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  The PM data tracker is usually accurate.  Do you see  the 1GB add on in the My Data & Add-Ons section?  If you don't see the data add on, it means that it ran out.

You can choose Plans and Add on tab, then Usage history tab to see the detailed usuage history.

If you still feel that it is inaccurate, you can contact moderator.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@samk13Since we are all regular users here, can you post some screen caps of your account information eg the details underneath My Plan - > Plan Details. Under My Data & Add-Ons did the data item go away? It may provide us some insight to see what we as regular users can help you with, before escalating it to the Moderators.

Data usage is usually rounded up to the nearest kb, so rouding error won't explain such descrepency.

Need Help? Let's chat.