cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage on the $15 plan - paying with vouchers

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

Newbie here. I am currently on the $15 plan using vouchers to pay. I am not set up on auto pay, therefore I do not get the bonus 250MB per month. I am assuming that I am restricted from using data on this plan without autopay.  My questions are:

Do I still have access to using data even if I am on the $15 plan and not using auto pay and if so what are the charges?

If I load up my account with $100 and cellular data happens to be on, can I eat up this $100 even though I am on the $15 plan?

If I only pay month to month and there is no extra money in my account, what happens if I use cellualar data or is that is even possible.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

7 REPLIES 7

mpw2594
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I'm currently on the same plan as you, I personally use very minimal data as most places I visit have WIFI services. 

However, as far as I remember, Yes you do have  minimal access to the 250MB. However, If you feel the need to use data, I would suggest you just choose a Data Plan from the Plans and Add Ons section on the Public Mobile Website. 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JoyLuckto send? receive mms (picture) messages. You have to enable data on your phone. You dont have to have any data. the data function just has to be on.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@danijel wrote:

First off, Welcome to Public Mobile, Great Company

To answer all of your questions at once, my answer is that keep in mind that you have to prepay your services with Public Mobile that includes data. So what you can do if you want data is add an add-on in which you have 2 to choose from listed here : 

1 GB Data For $30  Or
200 MB Data For $10

So add money to your account first and then add one of these add-ons, then it will give you data for the amount of which you purchased and that data will carryover month after month until it's all used up.

Another way to do this is to just change your plan right away (option to choose from at plan change over) to a higher up plan, all the other plans higher up have data included in them.

Why????????

Add auto pay.....get $2 off......get 250mb free. 

danijel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First off, Welcome to Public Mobile, Great Company

To answer all of your questions at once, my answer is that keep in mind that you have to prepay your services with Public Mobile that includes data. So what you can do if you want data is add an add-on in which you have 2 to choose from listed here : 

1 GB Data For $30  Or
200 MB Data For $10

So add money to your account first and then add one of these add-ons, then it will give you data for the amount of which you purchased and that data will carryover month after month until it's all used up.

Another way to do this is to just change your plan right away (option to choose from at plan change over) to a higher up plan, all the other plans higher up have data included in them.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JoyLuck wrote:

Hello,

Newbie here. I am currently on the $15 plan using vouchers to pay. I am not set up on auto pay, therefore I do not get the bonus 250MB per month. I am assuming that I am restricted from using data on this plan without autopay.  My questions are:

Do I still have access to using data even if I am on the $15 plan and not using auto pay and if so what are the charges?

If I load up my account with $100 and cellular data happens to be on, can I eat up this $100 even though I am on the $15 plan?

If I only pay month to month and there is no extra money in my account, what happens if I use cellualar data or is that is even possible.

Can I suggest. 

Top up your acount to cover your next payment

Right after your payment is acknowledged, top up your account to cover next payment

So you will always be overpaid by one payment. 

You  have a number of choices to top up your account. And since you have auto pay you will not only receive 250mb of data, you will get $2 off per billing period. Auto pay will never kick in but because it is there, you qualify. Also when you set up auto pay, screen print your application that shows your card expiry date and bring that screen print forward as a reminder to update your card info online. No $100 up front! And as mentioned no overages are ever billed😀😀

Consider using add-ons as insurance to always be in service. 

For add-ons.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on (<=less value) and the $15 add-on does same and much more than the $8 add-on (<=less value). 

Note: The add ons I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.....the unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JoyLuck wrote:

Hello,

@JoyLuck 

Welcome to PM

Q: Do I still have access to using data even if I am on the $15 plan and not using auto pay and if so what are the charges?

Ans:  No you won't have access to the data unless you enable autopay. I suggest if you don't want to use your personal CC/Mastercard. You can buy a prepaid MasterCard so you get the bonus 250MB data + a 2$ credit every month to have auto-pay enabled.   

Q: If I load up my account with $100 and cellular data happens to be on, can I eat up this $100 even though I am on the $15 plan?

Ans: No, PM is a prepaid service. if you turn on the data nothing will happen. It will not eat up your 100$. 

Q: If I only pay month to month and there is no extra money in my account, what happens if I use cellualar data or is that is even possible.

Ans: Nothing will happen when you use data as it will not work. You will need to get the plan with data or set up auto-pay with the 15$ plan to get the bonus 250MB.

Hope this answers your questions

Cheers.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JoyLuck wrote:

Hello,

@JoyLuck  You would need to purchase a data add-on. 1GB for $30 and will stay on your account until all used up.

No, data will not work.

Not possible unless you have purchased a data add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.