cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Issue

paullacinnik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have recently recieved a text saying I used 95% of my data. However, thats not possible since my data reset just the other day. As well as I am unable to see how data usage when I log onto my Public Mobile account to check it. Its not avaible for me and others in my community have not had this issue. However, they do have the 95% data usage text messages that do not make sense when they have only used %50. Needless to say besides those two issues for myself and in my public mobile community. My data will not work at all today without wifi. 

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren  thanks for expanding on the 3g issue.  I didn't go into details because i was not sure what data plan the orriginal poster has.

I guess this is another one to add to the list, behind the password reset that was/wasn't recently fixed. 🙂

srlawren

@paullacinnik as @mimmo alluded to, there is a bug that affects people on a 3G-speed data plan (see here if you're not sure if your plan is a 3G plan or not).  The bug is that when your plan renews, your data amount does not properly reset to zero.  The bad news is, more than 3 months later, this bug hasn't been fixed.  The good news is, there is a workaround.  Send a private message to the @CS_Agent, let them know your 3G data plan didn't reset upon renewal, and they can manually reset it for you. 

Here's more info on the proess of contacting them:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?
You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation

When can you get help?
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours.

How long will you need to wait for help?
Messages are handled during business hours (see above), in the order in which they are received. Usually you will hear back within a few hours, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

More information about the community moderators

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

hi are you on a 3g plan?  there were some issues with the data resetting on those plans.

what does your usage history on youe phone say  did a update take place over data instead of wifi?

@paullacinnik wrote:

I have recently recieved a text saying I used 95% of my data. However, thats not possible since my data reset just the other day. As well as I am unable to see how data usage when I log onto my Public Mobile account to check it. Its not avaible for me and others in my community have not had this issue. However, they do have the 95% data usage text messages that do not make sense when they have only used %50. Needless to say besides those two issues for myself and in my public mobile community. My data will not work at all today without wifi. 

Need Help? Let's chat.