cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Check from App for Public Mobile

Sadia-Din
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know how to see data usage for Public Mobile after login to my account

Is there an app which can show the data usage like Rogers or Lucky Mobile ?

13 REPLIES 13

@mitchnet12 wrote:

For my Andorid phone, I have been using Data counter widget for many years, which has been working fairly well once configured to a 30 day billing cycle. It does count the data used for MMS, though your plan would exclude it.

Glad to know about the MMS part , I never sent/receive MMS so I am not aware of that..  I have been using Data Counter widget  for years too.  Good Choice!!

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For my Andorid phone, I have been using Data counter widget for many years, which has been working fairly well once configured to a 30 day billing cycle. It does count the data used for MMS, though your plan would exclude it.

tomsychau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The community has been asking for an app since the day I joined 3 years ago.  I am sure the demand lasted much longer.  If anything was going to happen for an app it would had happen already.  I am not optimistic about an app at all.

On android at least, I have observed that data used to transmit and receive large MMS messages gets included in the data usage counter, but Public Mobile does not count count it. This leads to the phones usage counter reporting a higher number than the self-serve usage.

Not so bad, would be worse if it was the other way around...

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

your phone should have a data tracker in the settings and it is pretty bang on most of the time. I would not rely on it completely but it is good to get an idea of what you have used up so far. 

Brianking
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PM doesn’t offer a app at this time. Hopefully in the future they will.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sadia-Din if you're on Android, another option would be to "Appify" the self-serve site using Hermit Lite.  I created a tutorial a while back:  Appify Self-serve and/or Community sites

Granted, this isn't really much different than just bookmarking in your browser and adding a shortcut to your launcher (which can be done on either Android or iPhone with no extra tools required).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Sadia-Din wrote:

I know how to see data usage for Public Mobile after login to my account

Is there an app which can show the data usage like Rogers or Lucky Mobile ?

Regrettabley, no app, @Sadia-Din 

I like using the phone's own data counter, which likely shows data usage by current Calendar month -OR- past 30 days.

There should be a feature to 'reset' the counter - which you can do on account renewal date.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sadia-Din , if you are using an android device, download this app to track data usage.  It was created by a Public Mobile customer long ago.  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en&gl=US

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sadia-Din  With iPhone you can see a list of apps and data used in Settings ~Cellular. 

@Sadia-Din 

To keep costs lower, PM does not offer an App like other companies.  

If you have an Android phone, you could try Data Witness PM.  An app designed by a PM customer or other apps that keep track of 30 day cycles.  You could also reset your own phone data tracker each 30 day cycle.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have an Android phone there is an unofficial app in the Google Play store called Data Witness.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

sorry, PM does not offer any app.

Since most phone Data usage only check monthly,   you might want to download 3rd party App, make sure they can do 30 days cycle

Need Help? Let's chat.