cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Limit

Hazel123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I renewed my plan on the 13th and have a 5 gb data limit. I got a text to say I have reached 75% of my data limit. I tried to log in to self serve last night and it wouldn't load- I know upgrades are going on atm, so could this be a glitch in their system? I know there is no way I could of used 5 GB of data in less than a week- Ive never ran out before the end of my plan before. Any one else experience this issue before?

6 REPLIES 6

@Hazel123Send your screenshots and information to the moderators.. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They are the only people who can rectify it.. let us know how it works out

Hazel123

I think it is an issue with public mobile as I screenshot and added up my data usage on their page and it doesnt add up to 75% of my data. I just don't know how to rectify it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@teeth1234 there are at least a couple of possibilities:

1) occasionally the data amount is not reset properly during the renewal process.  If this happened to you, it might explain the system saying you're close to your limit much quicker than you expected.

2) just because you are not actively using data on your phone, doesn't mean it's not being used.  Your phone might have downloaded a large operating system upgrade or several application updates (especially if you have either set to automatic and also not restricted to only over Wi-Fi).  Sometimes an app can get "stuck" in a refresh loop that keeps eating up data when it shouldn't; this has happened to me with Facebook a couple of times in the past and it used up hundreds of megabytes of data before I noticed and forced it closed.  Have you noticed your phone getting unusually hot or your battery depleating more quickly than usual lately?  One other way is you might have "Wi-Fi Assist" (can go by other names like "Smart Wi-Fi switching") turned on and be in an area with weak Wi-Fi coverage, and then thinking you were on Wi-Fi only, streamed some videos etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

teeth1234

yes, in the last month, i have noticed my data has been getting used at an alarming rate. earlier this month, i got a text saying i was at 95% less than two weeks after i renewed. i use data for only a basic amount of emails and web browsing. I haven't even been close to my plan limit in my first four months and now all of a sudden my data is getting used up fast. I haven't changed my usage patterns or anything on my phone since i joined so don't know what is causing the excessive data usage. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Hazel123 wrote:

I renewed my plan on the 13th and have a 5 gb data limit. I got a text to say I have reached 75% of my data limit. I tried to log in to self serve last night and it wouldn't load- I know upgrades are going on atm, so could this be a glitch in their system? I know there is no way I could of used 5 GB of data in less than a week- Ive never ran out before the end of my plan before. Any one else experience this issue before?

Hi, which phone are you using?

You can check settings on your phone to see your Mobile Data usage. Set the date range to match your current billing cycle. And you will be able to see how data each app on your phone has used.

When you have access to Self-Serve, you will be able to check the actual data counter on the Overview page and see your daily data usage on the usage history page.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Hazel123  hi there have been a lot of issues today with the self serve you will have to try again in a while

Need Help? Let's chat.