cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: DATA ADD ON NOT WORKING

@JoyR wrote:

No my Data that I do have left isn't working either... Smiley Sad I don't know what to-do 

So the source of your problem is that your data isn't working. So you bought 3gb of add-ons.

Is this a different phone? The obvious...is your data mode on? Does your phone have a setting to stop use of data at some point?

Mayor / Maire

Have you ever been able to get internet access ?  Check your APN settings.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Triguy @JoyR managed to use ~8GB of her data.. so I am pretty sure her internet and APN settings are just fine.
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JoyRContact the moderators but expect up to 48 hours reponse time.. that's a trade off for lower cost. If it is for work and mission critical I would suggest moving up at least 1 tier to Koodo.

Mayor / Maire

@JoyR wrote:

I purchased the $30 for 1gb but purchased 3. I did the ADD on just like it said to do and it says it's active but it's not. Followed the direction and I still can't get the data to be active

@JoyR  From yout screenshot everything looks normal and you did everything correctly. Your problem is not the addons or your plan. More thsn likely as others have suggested you must have a data limit set on your phone maybe -8.5GB and that is why your data is not working. If you have another phone to test just insert your sim and see if data works.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Recently, we've seen a number of these no data connection issues.

I'm starting to wonder if it's due to a system glitch.

Firstly, I'd recommend that you do the following:

- check if you have a data limite set on your phone

- reboot your phone

If all checks out; it would be time to contact a moderator for assistance (link).

Mayor / Maire

@JoyR if you're regularly going to use more than 8.5 GB of data, you shoud look at the "Peace of Mind" plans at Telus:

TelusPeaceOfMind.png

They look expensive, but you just paid $140 ($50 + $90) for 11.5GB of 3G speed data, which is over $12/GB.  For $15 less ($125), you could have had 50 GB of full-speed data on the Peace of Mind Ultra plan ($2.50/GB), or for $45 less ($95), you could have had 20 GB of full-speed data on the Plus plan ($4.75/GB).  Either would have been a much better value than what you just did.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Dogbert wrote:

Recently, we've seen a number of these no data connection issues.

I'm starting to wonder if it's due to a system glitch.

Firstly, I'd recommend that you do the following:

- check if you have a data limite set on your phone

- reboot your phone

If all checks out; it would be time to contact a moderator for assistance (link).

This is more likely that the local data monitor has a limit set, and the user wishes to use more than the limit.  Disable the on phone data monitor.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Make sure to have purchased the right data add on for your current plan, good luck!