cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATA ADD ON NOT WORKING

JoyR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone help me! I purchased 3 MB of extra data and it's still not activated?!

Is this not available in Canada ? Or what's the deal? Can a moderator PM  me and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've done the lost/stolen phone trick,  restarted my phone, etc but nothing is working.  If it's not available to Canadian resident's is like to have my money refunded! 

28 REPLIES 28

Bubbly100
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Make sure to have purchased the right data add on for your current plan, good luck! 

@Dogbert wrote:

Recently, we've seen a number of these no data connection issues.

I'm starting to wonder if it's due to a system glitch.

Firstly, I'd recommend that you do the following:

- check if you have a data limite set on your phone

- reboot your phone

If all checks out; it would be time to contact a moderator for assistance (link).

This is more likely that the local data monitor has a limit set, and the user wishes to use more than the limit.  Disable the on phone data monitor.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JoyR if you're regularly going to use more than 8.5 GB of data, you shoud look at the "Peace of Mind" plans at Telus:

TelusPeaceOfMind.png

They look expensive, but you just paid $140 ($50 + $90) for 11.5GB of 3G speed data, which is over $12/GB.  For $15 less ($125), you could have had 50 GB of full-speed data on the Peace of Mind Ultra plan ($2.50/GB), or for $45 less ($95), you could have had 20 GB of full-speed data on the Plus plan ($4.75/GB).  Either would have been a much better value than what you just did.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Recently, we've seen a number of these no data connection issues.

I'm starting to wonder if it's due to a system glitch.

Firstly, I'd recommend that you do the following:

- check if you have a data limite set on your phone

- reboot your phone

If all checks out; it would be time to contact a moderator for assistance (link).

@JoyR wrote:

I purchased the $30 for 1gb but purchased 3. I did the ADD on just like it said to do and it says it's active but it's not. Followed the direction and I still can't get the data to be active

@JoyR  From yout screenshot everything looks normal and you did everything correctly. Your problem is not the addons or your plan. More thsn likely as others have suggested you must have a data limit set on your phone maybe -8.5GB and that is why your data is not working. If you have another phone to test just insert your sim and see if data works.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JoyRContact the moderators but expect up to 48 hours reponse time.. that's a trade off for lower cost. If it is for work and mission critical I would suggest moving up at least 1 tier to Koodo.

@Triguy @JoyR managed to use ~8GB of her data.. so I am pretty sure her internet and APN settings are just fine.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you ever been able to get internet access ?  Check your APN settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyR wrote:

No my Data that I do have left isn't working either... 😞 I don't know what to-do 

So the source of your problem is that your data isn't working. So you bought 3gb of add-ons.

Is this a different phone? The obvious...is your data mode on? Does your phone have a setting to stop use of data at some point?

JoyR

No my Data that I do have left isn't working either... 😞 I don't know what to-do 

I rely on my Data for work I have Wi-Fi here at home but need data for work .

JoyR

@Anonymous I thought @JoyR has the 1GB bucket of 3G left + ~380MB of the LTE?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyR wrote:

I purchased the $30 for 1gb but purchased 3. I did the ADD on just like it said to do and it says it's active but it's not. Followed the direction and I still can't get the data to be active

Is any of your data working currently?

I don't see a problem here (other than the site in another of its moods). You still have some 8.5gb left. The system will use all of that and then start using your add-on data. Then when you renew it'll return to the 8.5 and leave the other 3gb (or less) there waiting until you run out again.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@JoyR It sounds like you would need a Moderator's intervention via the link here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JoyR

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@JoyR Are you trying to purchase another 9GB or data on top of what you have already?

How much available funds do you have? If it is more than $90 then you didn't complete the purchase correctly.. it is a 2 part process.

Also consider moving to another plan that gives you a larger data bucket.. $30 / GB is not economical.

JoyR

Screenshot_20190709-094941.png

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@JoyR can you post a screenshot of your account? It will help us understand what is happening.

JoyR

I thought I was doing the right one and adding the ADD on for my Data that said ADD on 

JoyR

@Triguy wrote:

I think you added a data only plan through the build your own plan which is not an add-on.

JoyR

Oh no 😞

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Based on your screen shot it is an add-on. 

JoyR

Its there and showing active but it's not active... My data won't come on. 

JoyR

I purchased the 3 extra GB ... 30×3 =90 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JoyRDo note getting the Add on is a 2 part process as noted in this guide that was created by @srlawren?

I am also curious where did you get the 3MB extra data add on?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@JoyR, as already mentioned, you need to purchase the right data add-on.  There is a data add-on for Canada and US roaming.  The Canada data add-on is $30/1GB and pricing for US add-on is different.  In any event, the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JoyR Hi it should show up in your data and add on section in your account

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There are only two data add-ons that I am aware of 1GB and 200 MB.  For add-ons it is a two step process to purchase and add it to your account.  When you log into your account - do you see the add-on ?  

If you need to reach a moderator.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.