cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Data Pan Speed - is it 3G or LTE ?

ClemsylPublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Current Data Pan Speed - is it 3G or LTE ?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dunkman wrote:

@WiartonWilly 

If the details doesn't mention 3G, then it should be LTE speed.  

@WiartonWilly@Dunkman this is correct.  More details here:  How to tell data plan speed

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@WiartonWilly 

If the details doesn't mention 3G, then it should be LTE speed.  

For example, my account shows:

Data & Add-Ons                          Amount Used

5GB at 3G Speed                        xxxxx  /  5120 MB

WiartonWilly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My "Overview" doesn't say LTE or 3G.  Neither does my "Plan Details"

I would like to know the speed I am currently getting, on my 3+ year-old, no-longer-available plan.   I can see the details of plans on-offer, but cannot fairly compare with my current plan if I don't know its speed.

etalaga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe it is LTE

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@ClemsylPublic were you asking if your current plan was 3G or LTE, or were you asking in general if Public Mobile has both offerings?

I think your post got a little off track with so many people replying, but hopefully you got your answer! Robot Happy

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The majority of the plans are 3G. There is an LTE plan but it is less data per month than the 3G plan of the same price. You just need to check which you signed up for by looking at your plan.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

Both LTE lite (3G) and full speed LTE plans are available.  This is a recent test comparison.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/3G-vs-LTE/m-p/248442

It would be nice if they included a speedtest on the actual 3G network. I heard you get nearly 10Mbps which could be good for raw data transfers, although with 3G poor latency.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Both LTE lite (3G) and full speed LTE plans are available.  This is a recent test comparison.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/3G-vs-LTE/m-p/248442

Tarah-gve

3 g

Han_15

If you selected 3G and is a new user less than 1 week with Public Mobile. You will get LTE speed for around a week before it slows down to 3G speed

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Loginto self serve and if your plan overview says 3g then you have the 3g speed data plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3G vs. 4G LTE

public mobile offer data at two different speeds, both great options depending on your phone usage. Opt for 3G if you mostly use data to check Facebook, respond to emails or browse the web. If you’re looking to do all the above plus stream HD videos and consume dynamic content, like Snapchat or Instagram stories with a seamless video experience, 4G LTE is our recommended data speed for you

Check out this short video to help visualize the difference

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

See here for all the plans which are marked with either 3G or LTE.

3G plans are basically throttled speed (3mbps down, so it's 3G-like) on a LTE network.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

Need Help? Let's chat.