cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card not recognized

chwkrx7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m trying to purchase a us roaming add on. I leave for the us in 3 hours. Every time I try I’m getting the following message:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

This is is the same card I used for auto-pay with no problems. So I called my cc company, they advised me there were no issues on their end, and I successfully used the card on a different website in between attempts with pm. 

I deleted the card from my autopay and now I can’t even add it back into there! Please advise, thanks

28 REPLIES 28

climoge
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i removed the current credit card info.   tired to add it again

Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry i ment remove and replace instead of cancel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shskr wrote:

@climoge wrote:

My account was suspended today.  

I am unable to make a payment.(cc is stil active with money on it)

I tried tro re add my credit card with no luck.

how would i go about getting this fixed

Try canceling your credit card on the account and then re adding it , it works better than edit.

@shskr: That's twice now. There's no edit. There's replace or remove. Replace goes to a blank form. You could of course remove and then add.

@climoge wrote:

Did you try with 611? And you need to reach the moderator if you still have trouble with your credit card..here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Waiting time is usually few hours to 2 days.

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@climoge wrote:

Try canceling your credit card on the account and then re adding it , it works better than edit.

climoge

@chwkrx7 wrote:

I’m trying to purchase a us roaming add on. I leave for the us in 3 hours. Every time I try I’m getting the following message:

This is is the same card I used for auto-pay with no problems. So I called my cc company, they advised me there were no issues on their end, and I successfully used the card on a different website in between attempts with pm. 

I deleted the card from my autopay and now I can’t even add it back into there! Please advise, thanks

chwkrx7

Yes I did end up checking about half a day later and found it. Thanks for the help/suggestions

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chwkrx7 wrote:

Yup my card was finally recognized this morning too. Now I can’t find anywhere on the website to add an add-on, and I can’t dial *611 as I don’t have service. Frustrated

Sorry for the late response! Were you able to find and add an add-on?
Regarding not having a service, please read this:

Update: On April 15th between 2AM- 9:30AM EST, our system was unable to process credit card payments for renewing customers who had AutoPay enabled. This means that your plan services did not renew, and your credit card was not charged. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The issue has since been resolved; however we ask that you please sign in to Self-Serve to add funds to your account equal to your plan price minus any eligible Rewards. After doing so, your plan will automatically renew, and no other action is required.

chwkrx7

Yup my card was finally recognized this morning too. Now I can’t find anywhere on the website to add an add-on, and I can’t dial *611 as I don’t have service. Frustrated

sachamann

It finally worked today and I can add my credit card and set it to autopay. I now I have another problem in that I was charged twice for the plan I switched to but the credit was only applied once, so I have $0 credit but 2 charges on my credit card. I'm going to send a moderator a private message to get this resolved.

LEGO

Please, read this two posts and see if they would be helpful: one and two

They are from 2015, but who knows… you maybe lucky!

sachamann

Made several calls and still haven't found anyone selling public mobile vouchers near downtown Vancouver.

I'm not looking forward to having no service tomorrow when my plan expires tonigh and there are no funds in my account.

LEGO

@sachamann Don’t just stop after calling one store, call few more. If someone says they don’t sell them, it does not mean they don’t.

At one place an employee told me that they don’t sell them and another employee immediately corrected him saying they do sell them.

sachamann

Just called both stores (Shoppers and 7Eleven) in my neighbourhood and they don't carry payment vouchers for public mobile.

Is the website going offline in a hour for maintenance?

Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

LEGO

@sachamann Try 7-Eleven or Shoppers Drug Mart stores.

chwkrx7

Yes I’m in flight now, still have wifi. Unfortunately I can’t get anyone to buy vouchers for me as I’m based in Northern BC where my friends and family are for the most part 3 hours away from any decent sized city. 

I sure hope this is resolved soon, I’ve been very happy with PM to this point and don’t want to have to consider dropping them. 

sachamann

Called Shell in Vancouver where I'm based and they said they don't carry them. Langley and Surrey are too far for me.

sachamann

Just called Shell and they said NO, they don't sell payment vouchers for public mobile

sachamann

i forgot to mention that i also changed my address in my profile to the one registered to my cards, and i entered it exactly how it shows up on my bank statements

LEGO

@sachamann Call Shell gas stations nearby and ask if they sell payment vouchers for Public Mobile. People have purchased them at Shell locations: one near the 200th freeway exist in Langley and one at 108th & 148th in Surrey.

sachamann

I'm having the same problem and tried 2 different cards, one of which was already registed to my autopay. When I tried to change my plan today I said I needed to top up my account. Since I recently changed my address I had to delete the autopay and enter my new registered address.

My plan is set to renew today via autopay and I can't add any cards either as a one time payment or autopay. I've tried both cards several times. That means I won't have any service tomorrow!

I've tried to delete my browser cache, restart my browser and use it in incognito mode. I'm in Vancouver and don't see any locations to buy payment vouchers so that isn't an option. Please help!!!

Ozwinjer

I am also having the exact same problem on two different accounts. Can't add a new card or pay.

@chwkrx7 Another idea if you have time before your flight. Go to https://www.fongo.com for the app and create an account. Then forward your PM number to the fongo number. You will then, at least, be able to get messages and call Canada while on wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@chwkrx7 Is there someone you trust at home? Give them your usernames and passwords so they can "be you" tomorrow.

Or could someone buy vouchers for you and email the codes to you. You can then enter them while on wifi, or calling 611 in Canada (1-855-4PUBLIC from US). Remember it's two steps: first add money then back to the beginning to buy the add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO

Unfortunately you are out of luck, since Customer Support are done for today.
Try to clear brower's cache, use private / incognito mode, turn off ad blockers. Try to add credit card tomorrow, maybe it is temporary glitch.

chwkrx7

I wish that was an option. I’m at Vancouver airport waiting for my flight, and I absolutely need connectivity in the USA on this trip 

LEGO

Some people complained today about credit card issues!

You can pay for your service with payment vouchers.

Please, read this topics "Where can I buy payment vouchers?": click here

"Payment Voucher Retailers": click here

"How do I make a payment with a payment voucher through Self Serve?": click here
"How do I make a payment with a payment voucher through the automated phone service?": click here

Need Help? Let's chat.