cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Overcharged

acernine9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So... I'm new to Public Mobile.

After first signing up, I set my account up to have: 90 day plan, 3 GB data, and 200 minute add on talk time.

I was charged $92.96 for this.

A day or two later, after realizing that people could not leave voicemails, and calling people wasn't working too well, I gave in and upgraded my plan to: 90 day plan, 3 GB data, Unlimited province wide calling, and unlimited texting.

I was charged $117.60 to add calling and texting to my current plan! This seems way too much. What the plan should cost is $111 +tax=$124.32

So... if someone from Public Mobile could credit the $86.24 difference to my account and remove the 200 minute add on, that would be great! I am also open to another solution, thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

Are you forgetting about the taxes being added at time of purchase?

All plans are listed *without* taxes, and whether you pay by credit card manually, on autopay, or buy vouchers at a gas bar or corner store, taxes will be applied at time of sale.

sqaisar

Hi,

I am new to this online community thing. My credit card was overchaged this month and I would like to know who to speak to and how to get this issue fixed. Thank you.

MJN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the clearification!

@MJN That's the sales tax; 120 + 13%. All plan prices are shown without tax.

If you get any rewards those are subtracted before your credit card is charged and only the amount on your credit card is taxed.

FYI: better service if you create a new thread rather than adding to an older one.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MJN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

According to my payment history, my credit card was charged $120 on September 27. But when the credit card bill came, my charge on the credit card by Public Mobile was $135.60. I don't understand how this works? Do anyone has the same problem?

acernine9

Thank you everyone for everything. I was aware that the add on could not be used for a regular phone plan AFTER I had purchased it. Realizing my mistake, I decided to change the plan to add unlimited provincial call/text. I did not know that the Public Mobile system was set up that you were to forfeit your entire plan if you wanted to make a change. Thank you Public Mobile and community for working with me through these confusing times!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @acernine9

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Would you mind sending me your Public Mobile phone number via private message? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @acernine9;

It is a fairly common thing that people misunderstand that you can't use LD add-on minutes without talk in your base plan, what happened when you "added talk" was that you forfieted the plan you already paid for and paid for a completely new plan. Completely agree that isn't right, and certainly not what you intended to do. According to this post, PM agrees and the moderators will fix that up for you.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Should-block-buying-LD-add-on-if-not-on-a-t...

I think you misunderstood the long distance add-on and tried to add it to a data only plan. Let's see if the moderators @Shazia_K @Mary_Mcan help you out of this difficulty.

At least now that you do have a calling plan you will be able to call long distance, and to receive calls wherever you go in Canada.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is a pre-paid service. So, since your changed you plan after paying for the old one, you don't get any credits back for unused days. Simply it doesn't just count what you paid and what you didn't use. That is the reason you were charged again for the new plan. You should've selected to change during next renewal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.