cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating self serve account, I am not recieving 6-digit pin code

Judeeronco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to creating my Public mobile self serve account, I am not receiving 6-digit pin code. I activated my new sim at the store 2 days ago, I ported my number from another subscriber which happened almost immidiately , I can make and receive calls and I can send and receive text messages too. but i am not receiving the 6-digit pin code . I have rebooted the phone several times and I have refreshed my catch and browsing history on my computer

I am not getting any error message and the text would not come .

The old sim card has been disabled. But I tried by placing both the disabled and the public mobile sims on different phones at the same time to be sure i am not missing any text messages, I have tried using Firefox, chrome and internet explorer clearing the catch and cookies on the browsers first , but am still not receiving the 6-digit pin to register .

Please any thoughts or ideas ? has anyone faced such a problem ? 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Judeeronco : Great update. Who knew. Kids these days eh. 🙂

Clever moderator to figure that out. Thanks for sharing the result.

Judeeronco

You are right , at that time my number was allocated to me at the shop, they went through an account setup process which included adding my email address , at this time my account was not created , I still need to create an account at home .  

at this point , one would need to enter their 10 digit number to receive a verification code .

Anyway , I was able to resolve my issues with a recommendation from the moderator .

the number 611 was blocked on the hand set , The subject phone and number is for my 12 year old daughter , she had blocked 611, why ? i do not know . that was the sole reason i was not receiving the verification code  .

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Dunkman wrote:

@chrisbasm wrote:

@Judeeronco- When you signed up at the store, your account would have been created at that time, using the email address you entered, or gave to the clerk.  Have you tired that email?  You can also try the forgot password link, in order to get your password reset.

@chrisbasm 

If you activate in store, you will not create a self service account.  You will need to activate a self service account at home.  When you activate at home, then you would immediately create a self service account. 

Thanks for the correction @Dunkman .  I'll remember it for next time.

@chrisbasm wrote:

@Judeeronco- When you signed up at the store, your account would have been created at that time, using the email address you entered, or gave to the clerk.  Have you tired that email?  You can also try the forgot password link, in order to get your password reset.

@chrisbasm 

If you activate in store, you will not create a self service account.  You will need to activate a self service account at home.  When you activate at home, then you would immediately create a self service account. 

@Judeeronco 

If you are not receiving the text, as described above, you would need to contact moderator for help.  

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Judeeronco

I have tried the forget password link and I got this message

"Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address"

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need Help? Let's chat.