cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating account and bugged out half way

shipengzheng
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I was in the process of creating an account yesterday and it keep bugging out during the process payment part. It took my credit card # and processed the payment which my bank notified me, the phone number works too but I'm unable to access my account. 

Shipeng

8 REPLIES 8

Cinjin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The only other option is to have someone else put the simcard in thier phone to check what number it is or wait for the mods 😞

mlorne

Don't have the phone yet so that's not an option.  At this point in my journey I'm cutting the cord on this whole endeavor.  Between a non-existant customer service (yeah, yeah, people keep saying that I shouldn't expect any but hey, guess what's NOT mentioned on any of the marketing literature?) and some strangely proud forum fan-boys ("yeah, I was in to phones when they still had a cord, so suck it up mainstream!") this is just way too messed up to save a few bucks a month.

Cinjin

If you put the sim in the phone it should say on the phone somewhere. If not text or call someone from it to see what number pops up.

mlorne

Same thing happened to me.  Problem is I can't log into an account to find out what the number is.  Contacted moderators but they are not responsive.  Funny, they can charge my credit card number in an instant, but they can't grant me access to an account and can't reply to my PM's.  It's borderline fraud. 

Cinjin

You can also try manually signing up for the partial account that is working at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca click create account and enter the phone number that's working.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shipengzheng wrote:

Hi,

I was in the process of creating an account yesterday and it keep bugging out during the process payment part. It took my credit card # and processed the payment which my bank notified me, the phone number works too but I'm unable to access my account. 

Shipeng

@shipengzheng I signed up my sister on the weekend and the same thing happened to her. The SIM is activate, the number works, but she can't login to her account to port her number over (we wanted to play it safe and port her number later). Anyway, long story short, we sent a private email to the moderator team to get is sorted.  You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.  We included her name, email address, SIM card number, phone number, and PIN number, as well as the plan details, hoping the more info we gave them, the faster they could resolve this. That was Friday night and as far as I know, she has not yet heard from them. Good luck!  I hope they get back to my sister soon, too. I feel bad that I referred her and she is experiencing this problem.

joanne_f

@shipengzheng  I had a similar thing happen to me. I had to go in and verify my number and enter my info. After doing that I could access my account. 

Hope that helps       

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@shipengzheng wrote:

Hi,

Shipeng

@shipengzhengWhat happens when you try to access the account? Does it say " Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again. " ?

If you click "Forgot password" and enter your email here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

What happens? Does it say "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."? Or does it proceed to the secret question?

The good news is your phone is working, so we have time to figure out whats going on.

Need Help? Let's chat.