cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of SIM card?

kjordison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is the SIM card the same price $10 where offered at other retailers like Walmart?

16 REPLIES 16

bigbadpandabear
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to Koodo kiosk at Bridlewood mall (Toronto) with a Public Mobile Logo sticker to buy a PM sim card.

The sale lady said PM sim card is $15 dollars + tax after she tried to talk me into me activate line at Kiosk but I did not have family member phone with me.

I walked away knowing it is only $10 from webstore. I ordered one online from my phone. 

Is it normal that cost more to buy a PM SIM card at retail location? or that Koodo koisk tried to scam me?

I hope the sim card arrives in time before those bonus data plans disappear on the April 22.

choding
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

10 dollars plus tax.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kjordison, yes all PM SIMs no matter where you purchase (i.e. online, or at a retailer like Walmart), the SIM is $10 plus tax, so technically $11.30.  But as @Dunkman mentioned right now some retailers are offering free SIM promos if you activate in store.  

I personally would rather activate myself, less chance of there being any errors.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@steven_secord

When I activated it wasn't a $25 credit. I got a $10 referral credit, free sim and a second months worth of credit from Public Mobile. I started with a $40/4.5GB plan but then switched to a $45/5.5GB on the next day so my credit was only $40, but the moderators were nice enough to switch me even though I had already paid for the first plan. In Total it was a $10 referral and $40 credit for the plan I originally signed up for and $2 for autopay so in all $52 credit for the next billing cycle ready and waiting.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

steven_secord

Actually, right now the SIM is free with a $25 activation credit applied to your account. Using a referral from a friend also got me another $10 credit which actually ends up being almost a month free with the $40/4.5G plan.

Mike40999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

go to walmart buy it and activated there. sim is $10

steven_secord

Oddly enough a Google search for Public Mobile Promo seems to link to the Walmart deal at the very least.

public_mobile_promo_-_Google_Search.png

I thought it was weird that I could not find it on the Public Mobile website but figured I was just looking in the wrong spot.

@Anonymous

I actually got the links off a RFD thread....  I know...  I could not also find them from the plans page.  Not sure why it is not advertised as well.  

parsonscl90

I used my paypal to pay 10 dollars, free shipping! I got the SIM card a few days later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

@kjordison

Presently, London Drugs and Walmart are offering free SIM with activation in store.  

Offers include $25 credit and you can get $10 friend referral.  

Hey @Dunkman, How did you find those pages?  I can't seem to find any link to them from the plans page.

Jarvar

@kjordison

Oh yeah the rewards are stackable like some of the others mentioned. You could get a referral for $10 as well and when you refer someone yourself, you receive $1 per 30 day billing cycle as long as they stay with Public Mobile. There's also the $2 per 30 day billing cycle for autopay sign up. Be sure to use all these benefits to your advantage as well.

kjordison

Thank you ☺️ 

@kjordison

Presently, London Drugs and Walmart are offering free SIM with activation in store.  

Offers include $25 credit and you can get $10 friend referral.  

Jarvar

@kjordison It's normally $10, but I got it free along with a second month free upon activation when I signed up for my account at WoW Mobile. Walmart and London Drugs also have some promotions from time to time, but my experience was with WoW Mobile.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sim cards cost $10 everwhere.  sometimes retailers have a free sim promo. if you use a referal number you get a $10 credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kjordison, generally speaking, yes.  However, there are sometimes promotions where the SIM card is free.

Need Help? Let's chat.