cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting moderators and authentication

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Hi,

In rare circumstance when I have to reach out to Moderators they request from me to authenticate myself.

They provide link to do that or to provide bunch of account related info.

When clicking on provided link I am facing two options: either to log in into my self serving account or to receive a code on my phone.

So far so good, BUT every time I want to log in into my account at that page I get a message my credentials are not valid. But they are valid as I definitely CAN log in into my account…

Sending code to my phone works perfectly.

Does anybody have similar issue?

18 REPLIES 18

@Meow

Your solution got me thinking......do you remain signed into your community account on your phone? I wonder if your phone was stolen if the SMS verification could be exploited by the thief?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Did you change the address associated to your account?

We used to be able to change the login but associated adresa is still the original one.

They have changed they since but if you did it before you may sell have the old email on file. If that's the case you should contact moderators about it as they are there only ones who can do it.

If sms works for you that's fine until the day you lose your sim or if they come another way to simjack. If you really dread the long list of questions (and answers may not be really available to you if for some reason you don't have access to your account) i would suggest you iron this one out when you have time (and are not dealing with another account issue)

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Meow @Yummy  It makes sense you both have the same problem since you're both the same person.  😆

@Anonymous wrote:

Seems to me that mods can't be bothered to read stuff (just like the rest of us 🙂 ) .

Maybe there is a pressure on MODs to clear inbox as soon as possible. Or maybe they are 'paid' based on how many 'message reads' they do...

So if you are working on multiple issues it might be difficult to follow up; you would have to be very well organized, create (Excel) tables for each issue you handle, etc., etc.

Don't blame them as long as issue has been resolved.

I got explanation regarding my issue involving 3 MODs. Last one did not ask for authentication and provided reasonable answer. I will see if it is correct in few days 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to me that mods can't be bothered to read stuff (just like the rest of us 🙂 ) . I report a post, the subject line that they might reply to indicates that it was sent to them via a report. That trip-up the other day about www (indeed fixed) that David_J fixed seemed to have triggered a message to the mods where they replied to me and that has it's own subject. Sending a ticket has its own subject. etc

They need to figure out how to respond and to what degree to each type of message. For a report, I don't care. For a system error, now that I know that that triggered something being sent to the mods, maybe an update to what is being done about it. For a ticket, once opened, then any other mod that handles it should be able to review it and not ask for verification every time. But it's almost like a new mod looks in the queue and doesn't notice that a whole thing has already gone on about that ticket. Ridiculous. Read. Just like we say to newbs here.

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

Does the multiple mods asking to authenticate occur in both scenarios?

Correct. First MOD was Jorge_M but then Anna took over and now I am waiting for anybody's reply. I even created a Ticked as advised.

Each MOD requested me to authenticate (including 'ticket')

@will13am wrote:

Ever since the new ticketing system went live, I have never gone the route of sending private messages.  Since the authentication is all done during the ticketing process, I am not asked to authenticate further.  This has worked perfectly.  That said, this issues should be investigated to see whether it is one off or endemic.  @J_PM , please follow up as necessary.  Thank you.

As an aside, to the extent possible, everyone should use the ticketing system.  

I just tried to use Ticketing process. It worked well UNTIL I came to the point to enter my PM account credentials. Same issue - my log-in ID and Password are considered invalid:

Error Logging In

After requesting SMS verification code I was able to proceed and submit a ticket (Ticket reference number: 1828xx-9xx)

@Meow @Yummy  I would suggest just use what works best for you with less headaches. Period.  lol

@Meow 

Does the multiple mods asking to authenticate occur in both scenarios?

@darlicious

Yes, I know what I have to provide in order to authenticate myself, thank you!

But it looks like simplest way is to request SMS code to be sent.

Another (minor) issue I started to have with MODs is that multiple people try to assist and every one of them asks me to authenticate.

Why not one can take hold of issue and follow up to the end (resolution)???

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Ever since the new ticketing system went live, I have never gone the route of sending private messages.  Since the authentication is all done during the ticketing process, I am not asked to authenticate further.  This has worked perfectly.  That said, this issues should be investigated to see whether it is one off or endemic.  @J_PM , please follow up as necessary.  Thank you.

As an aside, to the extent possible, everyone should use the ticketing system.  

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : Are you allowing autofill or using password managers or even browser password saving? If so try not. If you can log in to the self-serve then you should be able to use that form.

I enter my credential manually, not using auto fill. Nevertheless I always get this:

"Sorry – that username and password did not match. You have 4 attempts remaining."

@Meow 

Okay the one time I used simple simon like a year or so ago I had a similar problem and I seem to remember I had to scroll down to enter the info below....I could be wrong?

Anyhow I just use private messages and use the following to authenticate:

1. Full name and address on the account.
  2. Email, phone # and 4 digit pin#.

If you know these ( above) and supply them in your initial message you are golden unless you want to perform the following changes:

1. Email
  2. PIN #
  3. Sim card.

Then the moderator will ask you 3 or 4 questions ( also used if you have forgotten the pin #)from the following list:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted recent phone numbers.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I would just use SMS send code and would not mess with resetting passwords. To many resets may screw up something else and then to restore access might become major issue.

Use whatever works for you - first and every time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Are you allowing autofill or using password managers or even browser password saving? If so try not. If you can log in to the self-serve then you should be able to use that form.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Meow 

Are you reaching out to the moderator in one of the following ways:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

If your credentials frequently fail - you may wish to raise that with the moderators the next time you're in communication with them. They may be able to reset something for you so you do not face this error message every time you are verifying.

Yes, I am reaching to moderators send them private message, thank you.

I do mention this issue to them every time but they have no clue how to correct that. They reset my password, I created new one and still have the issue.

As long as I can authenticate myself on some other way, I am good.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Are you reaching out to the moderator in one of the following ways:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

If your credentials frequently fail - you may wish to raise that with the moderators the next time you're in communication with them. They may be able to reset something for you so you do not face this error message every time you are verifying.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Interesting but I experienced the same: was never able to 'authenticate' myself logging into my account at THAT particular page and always had to use different authentication methods...

I am 200% sure my self serving ID and pass are valid as I can log in into my PM account at any time.

Need Help? Let's chat.