cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Contacting moderators and authentication

@Meow 

Does the multiple mods asking to authenticate occur in both scenarios?

walker1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Meow @Yummy  I would suggest just use what works best for you with less headaches. Period.  lol

Meow
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

Ever since the new ticketing system went live, I have never gone the route of sending private messages.  Since the authentication is all done during the ticketing process, I am not asked to authenticate further.  This has worked perfectly.  That said, this issues should be investigated to see whether it is one off or endemic.  @Jade_S , please follow up as necessary.  Thank you.

As an aside, to the extent possible, everyone should use the ticketing system.  

I just tried to use Ticketing process. It worked well UNTIL I came to the point to enter my PM account credentials. Same issue - my log-in ID and Password are considered invalid:

Error Logging In

After requesting SMS verification code I was able to proceed and submit a ticket (Ticket reference number: 1828xx-9xx)

Meow

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow 

Does the multiple mods asking to authenticate occur in both scenarios?

Correct. First MOD was Jorge_M but then Anna took over and now I am waiting for anybody's reply. I even created a Ticked as advised.

Each MOD requested me to authenticate (including 'ticket')

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Seems to me that mods can't be bothered to read stuff (just like the rest of us 🙂 ) . I report a post, the subject line that they might reply to indicates that it was sent to them via a report. That trip-up the other day about www (indeed fixed) that David_J fixed seemed to have triggered a message to the mods where they replied to me and that has it's own subject. Sending a ticket has its own subject. etc

They need to figure out how to respond and to what degree to each type of message. For a report, I don't care. For a system error, now that I know that that triggered something being sent to the mods, maybe an update to what is being done about it. For a ticket, once opened, then any other mod that handles it should be able to review it and not ask for verification every time. But it's almost like a new mod looks in the queue and doesn't notice that a whole thing has already gone on about that ticket. Ridiculous. Read. Just like we say to newbs here.

Meow

@z10user4 wrote:

Seems to me that mods can't be bothered to read stuff (just like the rest of us 🙂 ) .

Maybe there is a pressure on MODs to clear inbox as soon as possible. Or maybe they are 'paid' based on how many 'message reads' they do...

So if you are working on multiple issues it might be difficult to follow up; you would have to be very well organized, create (Excel) tables for each issue you handle, etc., etc.

Don't blame them as long as issue has been resolved.

I got explanation regarding my issue involving 3 MODs. Last one did not ask for authentication and provided reasonable answer. I will see if it is correct in few days 😉

walker1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Meow @Yummy  It makes sense you both have the same problem since you're both the same person.  😆

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

Did you change the address associated to your account?

We used to be able to change the login but associated adresa is still the original one.

They have changed they since but if you did it before you may sell have the old email on file. If that's the case you should contact moderators about it as they are there only ones who can do it.

If sms works for you that's fine until the day you lose your sim or if they come another way to simjack. If you really dread the long list of questions (and answers may not be really available to you if for some reason you don't have access to your account) i would suggest you iron this one out when you have time (and are not dealing with another account issue)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Meow

Your solution got me thinking......do you remain signed into your community account on your phone? I wonder if your phone was stolen if the SMS verification could be exploited by the thief?

Need Help? Let's chat.