cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact moderators: As solution

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I have noticed and others have commented on that community members responding to posts asking for help with phones/accounts etc... that often the first response is "Contact the moderators they will fix it for you." Public mobile is set up online with the community forum to help troubleshoot and offer solutions to users. Help articles and the archive of posts are also meant to help pm customers self diagnose their own issues and with the guidance of community members achieve solutions on their own which teaches them how to self manage their mobile services. Moderators are employed to handle difficult issues encountered when pm's systems fail, correct errors and access accounts etc... to protect customer privacy and the like....Simply referring all issues that can often be easily resolved by the community and provide a teaching moment to the user to the moderators goes against the pm business model and does the opposite to pms goal of low cost mobility service of keeping employee and overhead costs low and pass those savings onto the customer through cheaper plans than their competitors.  As community members contributing to the forum an effort needs to be made to help gather enough information to diagnose and offer suggestions and possible sloutions to the posts asking for assistance. In essence try harder to offer constructive advice rather than getting the first response in hopes of a green checkmark beside your profile. We can do better as a community to achieve more self suffiency.

4 REPLIES 4

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

Contact moderators can be the right answer if it's an account situation.  That's not the problem. Problem is community telling people that for silly stuff.

100 % agree with you.

Also some advise for people asking questions try giving all the info in your post it helps you get a proper answer to your issue much faster.

This was a question yesterday

Hi what happen for my account
Hi can u take look about my account

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

Contact moderators can be the right answer if it's an account situation.  That's not the problem. Problem is community telling people that for silly stuff.

Yup, too many “contact a moderator” responses and yes that is always going to be a bit of a problem when just replying with something....anything... helps earn community rewards. 

The “try the moderators, they may fix it up for you” response to people who didn’t read slowly and carefully when jumping in annoys me! They did something like activate at a dealer when the promo clearly said online self activations only or they activated a $15 plan when the promo said $25 and up plans. I always (admittedly) overthink everything but my reward for that is rarely screwing up and then making someone else waste time trying to fix it for me.

Terry

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Oh, there is a new sheriff in town!  It all has to do with the way community rewards are earned.  

Need Help? Let's chat.