cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Rewards?

ericwins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm really confused. I am trying to understand how it works. I read the article here and still don't get it.. Under my profile I see a Top 0.5% badge, A top 50% badge but those icons aren't the same as any in the article I read explaining community rewards. What is the easiest way to know what my contributor level is... ? How does my contributor level increase, is it automatically? Does it take a lot of time to get to the top 1% ($15 off) ? Thanks... 

14 REPLIES 14

@akrit wrote:

Yeah I also have a top 50% badge and a top 0.5% badge?

So, What do you mean by the badge top 0.5%?

Could anyone explain me regarding this badge?

Is there a date under these badges?  Your profile will have a lot of badges listed but the only ones you have earned will have  date under them as to when you earned them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

akrit
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah I also have a top 50% badge and a top 0.5% badge?

So, What do you mean by the badge top 0.5%?

Could anyone explain me regarding this badge?

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JL9 wrote:

Great this clears it all up now I know what to look for 🙂

@JL9 based on recent replies to this thread--you should look for beer cans!  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Great this clears it all up now I know what to look for 🙂

@SD08 wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

In summer the local river is a paradise for people floating down on innertubes. Many of them bring their beer cans with them and choose to just chuck the empty ones overboard. My personal record of cans fished out of the river in one evening (about 2 hours) was 41 cans (Yuck!!! Really, people???)... Even in the new rewards schedule that's 25% level (41*$0.05 deposit = $2.05), which I'll be extremely lucky to reach these days.

@wetcoaster

Don't forget to add the value of sales tax to the PM rewards. For example, in BC, $2 of community reward is actually worth $2.24 after tax, because it subtracts $2 off your PM plan before sales tax is assessed.  That's another four beer cans.  lol

Admittedly not a huge difference, but might as well factor it in as long as you're doing the calculation anyway.  🙂

Actually on 2.5 Beer Cans they are $0.10 each lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

@wetcoaster wrote:

In summer the local river is a paradise for people floating down on innertubes. Many of them bring their beer cans with them and choose to just chuck the empty ones overboard. My personal record of cans fished out of the river in one evening (about 2 hours) was 41 cans (Yuck!!! Really, people???)... Even in the new rewards schedule that's 25% level (41*$0.05 deposit = $2.05), which I'll be extremely lucky to reach these days.

@wetcoaster

Don't forget to add the value of sales tax to the PM rewards. For example, in BC, $2 of community reward is actually worth $2.24 after tax, because it subtracts $2 off your PM plan before sales tax is assessed.  That's another four beer cans.  lol

Admittedly not a huge difference, but might as well factor it in as long as you're doing the calculation anyway.  🙂

@wetcoaster wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@wetcoaster which river cowchian? or one further up the island?

@wetcoaster wrote

@mimmo

I assume the Cowichan River could be as bad... I'm talking about the Puntledge.

Ah the Puntledge have had some great days swimming in that River.  Drove over it on my way back from Campbell River yesterday

@mimmo wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote

@mimmo

I assume the Cowichan River could be as bad... I'm talking about the Puntledge.

mimmo

@wetcoaster wrote

@will13am wrote:

@wetcoaster wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ericwins wrote:

I'm really confused. I am trying to understand how it works. I read the article here and still don't get it.. Under my profile I see a Top 0.5% badge, A top 50% badge but those icons aren't the same as any in the article I read explaining community rewards. What is the easiest way to know what my contributor level is... ? How does my contributor level increase, is it automatically? Does it take a lot of time to get to the top 1% ($15 off) ? Thanks... 

There has been a recent change to the rewards.  You will see badges in your profile but the only ones you have earned will have a date under them as to when they were earned.  How they levels are reached is a secret formula, but most believe it is based on Bravos, posts, and solutions authored.  To be honest yes to reach the top level you can expect to put in some serious time here.  I am not sure what you consider a lot of time but I would think you would need to check out and reply to threads multiple times a day to be able to reach that top reward level.

Or as somebody else put it, you'd likely get the better return on your time if you collect beer cans and bring them to the bottle depot. (Might change slightly with the new reward structure, but the statement still stands, IMHO.)

We are here to help and because we want to "make the PM model" work. It's a nice side effect that the effort is rewarded, but it's not why the "regulars" are here.

Cans go to recycle in ON.  Bottles are returned.  Some of us "might" have a better chance with hanging out in the community forum.  Smiley Happy

Here it's called Return-It Depot - in my community all beverage containers (plus paper, card board, soft plastic, consumer electronics etc) are collected at the same location. https://www.return-it.ca/beverage/products/

@wetcoaster wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ericwins wrote:

There has been a recent change to the rewards.  You will see badges in your profile but the only ones you have earned will have a date under them as to when they were earned.  How they levels are reached is a secret formula, but most believe it is based on Bravos, posts, and solutions authored.  To be honest yes to reach the top level you can expect to put in some serious time here.  I am not sure what you consider a lot of time but I would think you would need to check out and reply to threads multiple times a day to be able to reach that top reward level.

Or as somebody else put it, you'd likely get the better return on your time if you collect beer cans and bring them to the bottle depot. (Might change slightly with the new reward structure, but the statement still stands, IMHO.)

We are here to help and because we want to "make the PM model" work. It's a nice side effect that the effort is rewarded, but it's not why the "regulars" are here.

Cans go to recycle in ON.  Bottles are returned.  Some of us "might" have a better chance with hanging out in the community forum.  Smiley Happy

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@ericwins wrote:

@ericwins Look here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Top-Contributors-April-2018/m-p/238322 and here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/kudosleaderboardpage/category-id/Public_Mobile_.... Then click an individual to see all their activity.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ericwins wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.