cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged 60.66 dollars instead of 38 dollars. Completely astonished!

jesvinsjoseph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

This would be my first bill and as I was seeing my credit card transaction history, I was shocked to see Public mobile charging 60.6 dollars instead of the 38 dollars. I am unable to find any connection to the 60 dollars. Nothing adds up. I am a student living on mininmal income. This plagues me!PC mobile transation.PNG

6 REPLIES 6

@jesvinsjoseph They should able to fix this easily.  

This kind of error happens once a while.  Too bad, we need to catch them.

jesvinsjoseph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone, you guys are very supportive! This was PC mobile - President's choice making that debit. I ported my number before my billing cycle and they still charged for the month. 

I believed that once you port the number, it automatically cancels your account from your previous carrier. Looks like these guys did not. I am not sure what to do. I will have to call them. 

My bad! The names are pretty confusing. 

@SD08 wrote:

@jesvinsjoseph

Edit:  I see that an Oracle (thanks @NDesai) has helpfully removed it from your post

Right!

Make sure you edit your post so no one knows. Smiley Happy

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jesvinsjoseph

In the meantime, while you get this sorted out...

That 16-digit number starting with 4537 in your 2nd pic looks specifically like a Visa credit card number. I'd advise you to remove or edit that number from the photo, since this is a public forum visible to anyone. Even though CC transactions usually require more info, I say better safe than sorry.

Edit:  I see that an Oracle (thanks @NDesai) has helpfully removed it from your post.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The transactions listed in your screenshot are from June.  Your credit card transaction is for July (and less than 30 days from the previous payment).  Maybe your payment history for July will update soon and you can see what the charge is for.

Did you make any changes to your plan today?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

With potential billing errors, likely need to PM one of the moderators.  They are usually very helpful and likely can correct any errors.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Need Help? Let's chat.