cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the number sucks and taking a lot of time.... 3 hrs no response

dkr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just changed my number from XXX to YYY but as of now both the numbers are not working, when i call up older number, i hear the tone that shows phone's ringing but the Real Phone is not ringing (i am just hearing that tone), when i dial the newer number it says UM2 this is not a valid number and then magically i again hear the ringing-tone which falsely shows phones ringing but again the Real Phone does not ring. kind of fools people to think the phones ringing and this dude is not picking up, when actually there is no Real Phone Ring...  

It been more than 3 hours and as of now i have no working number no calls, no text, no internet, that sucks   

When i change the number i should atleast get warning that this might take some time... the chat bot said wait for 2 hours it's well over 3 hours now!

This is weekday and afternoon time, i think time for most teams to be actively working...

33 REPLIES 33

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Wow what a luck.

I'm so sorry to see what you are going through. Hope you at least have access to a landline or free WiFi

I hope you get compensated

Best luck

dkr

@kselmak if i had data i wont be missing a thing!

My situation is no calls, no text no data! 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

The only thing I could suggest during this painful wait is as others already did, if you have data which should be working (I hope) install a VoIp and use it and keep it.

I use textNow, they are free you get Canadian number and unlimited North America. Unrestricted background data uses about 70 megs monthly, restricted uses about 30. Once you resolve issue, just restrict your data to save some. 

@dkr Further interesting reading if you have the energy: 

Bugs/Quirks List Updated Feb/19

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/view-usage-history/m-p/416131/highlight/tr...

Though I notice I need to update my references to private messaging with the procedure to submit a ticket. Tomorrow maybe. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@dkr wrote:

@Luddite Yes my friend i checked all that i shows new phone number as mine!

Wish me luck when i port now!

Best to be prepared: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827.

Got my fingers crossed for you. 

dkr

@Luddite Yes my friend i checked all that i shows new phone number as mine!

Wish me luck when i port now!

@dkr wrote:

@Luddite 4-5 days.... that's like tragic way beyond bad...

I am suspending this account getting new sim right away sadly the website or the chat bot should not have voila

=== the chat bot reponse is what trigger my action ===

I can help with that!
To change your phone number:
2. In the "Overview" page, under "My Profile", select "Change Number".
3. Follow the instructions there and voila!
====

Where is the Voila? wait that takes about 5 days!

@dkr  I understand your frustration and you have every right to be upset. The actual phone number change is usually pretty instant. In your case unfortunately it appears that your account got messed up in the backend of the number change processing. When you access your selfserve account online under Planl & Addons does it show the correct number? If yes, then the only people that can fix it is the moderator team. With PM it's usualy a bumpy start then smooth sailing after that.

dkr

@Luddite 4-5 days.... that's like tragic way beyond bad...

I am suspending this account getting new sim right away sadly the website or the chat bot should not have voila

=== the chat bot reponse is what trigger my action ===

I can help with that!
To change your phone number:
2. In the "Overview" page, under "My Profile", select "Change Number".
3. Follow the instructions there and voila!
====

Where is the Voila? wait that takes about 5 days!

@dkr  I shall take the role of a somewhat jaundiced participant and mention that response time seems to be more like 2 - 5 days; so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi. Unlike you though, I have not needed to utilize it during the 4+ years I have been a PM customer.

it usually doesn't take that long to process. i think there is a glitch somewhere. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dkrIt usually takes them up to 48 hours to get back to you.. it is what it is.

dkr

@GR Do i get a ticket number assigned? i had sent a message to Moderator_Team but i dont think so anyone has even read my message! I am not sure if i will get an early resolution... looks like i am going to be carrying around an expensive (priceless with data on) brick for the next couple of hours

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr   most likely they have a backlog of questions and stuff to fix! When you messaged them earlier did they assign you a ticket

dkr

@GR I agree but where are they? It's been 4 hours now without any phone service! 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr  keep in mind that after the moderators fix this little glitch you might have years of trouble free service!   

dkr

@GinYVR Thanks for the update i am actively considering an upgrade not jump from frying pan to fire.. will stay clear of Lucky and Chatr

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr Just note this is the lowest tier of the wireless company so expect customer service to be the same across the board.. Chatr charges $5 per incident and Lucky has customer service but takes just as long. If you need quicker help the only way is to upgrade to Koodo postpaid, Virgin or Fido.

dkr

@GinYVR I am looking around and found atleast 2 similar priced plans from competitors, i think saying this was the cheapest may have true a while back. After this experience, i may not want to be stuck with the cheapest! 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dkrThose messages will indicate provision errors had occur and only moderators with their technical team can solve those issues.. you just have to be patient. Public Mobile is cheap because they dont have that many staff.

dkr

@GR No that didn't work... i suspended and reinstated and restarted, i am seeing a switch between UM1 and UM2 Message => with a response "this phone number is not active" that's all

dkr

@GR Awesome hacks let me try that out!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr 1 more Thing you can try is log in and mark your phone as lost/Stolen and log out. Then wait 10 minutes and log back in and mark it as found and restart the phone!  Sometimes that restarts the account 

dkr

@GR thanks for sharing the potential timelines even though it sucks i guess i have no choice but to wait... 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr im just a customer like you!  The time to wait for the moderators depend on how much workload they have.  

dkr

@GR how and where did you see the upto 48 hrs limit  are you Public Mobile team member, i am not able to see it anywhere?

dkr

@GR wrote:

@dkr  the response time can be from a few hours to 48 hours 

@GR That's terrible, why cant such things be mentioned upfront, i would not have changed my number simply bought another sim, this is bad...i wish i could get back my old number till such time i dont move to the new number...

I fell for the voila trap by the chat bot, thought this was an instant think, lined up all the people i needed to update, now i am waiting for the update to know if its working...

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr  the response time can be from a few hours to 48 hours 

dkr

@GR i have written to them about 3 hours ago...still waiting for some reponse.

I have restarted multiple times... no luck

dkr

@kselmak Seriously, not sure why it's taking so long! I have written to MOD's about 3 hours ago!

All i did was picked up another number....

GR
Mayor / Maire

@dkr so if it was not a porting it should work right away!  Did you restart the phone and try it?  If it doesn't work you'll need to message the moderator_team 

Need Help? Let's chat.