cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans

Notre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I'm an existing public mobile customer.  I'm currently on the $15 plan, and I'm happy with it.  However, I've noticed that the terms of the $15 plan have actually improved since I signed up.  The new terms allow for unlimited incoming calls, while my plan is a flat 100 minutes for both incoming and outgoing calls.  I'd like to get the unlimited incoming calls and 100 minutes of outgoing calls, as new customers get.

I do have rewards from referrals plus autopay, and I have a 1 GB data promo.  I would not want to lose any of these when switching plans.  How would I go about switching plans so I get the latest offering, but also keep my rewards and data promo?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Smelldragons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks... 

finally.. some intermittent texting ability has manifested itself...

which is why i thought the $15 plan was great

thanks

@Smelldragons wrote:

hii  i just registered and activated my device on the $15 / mth plan

which is ADVERTISED with unlimited incoming and outgoing TEXTS...

this is untrue!

I cannot send text to this number without data, and  messages i try to send with this plan don't work either

is there someway to RESTRICT the formate of messages to either MMS or else SMS whicver of the two is NOT DATA so that I honestly receive the unlimited texting feature?

in an effort to swallow the difference i looked at CHANGING PLANS... to conver my less than 24 hour plan from a $15 to a $40 plan and I am being told that in order to change plans I have to allow the THEFT OF THE CREDIT for my previous plan payment?

This is hard to wrap my head around, nothing in programming in any software language is ACCIDENTAL, everything is on PURPOSE..

can i talk to a live agent somehow to adjust this plan??

Whenever someone performs any plan change and tells it to take effect immedaitely, this will happen. The payment system will not return the payment from the old plan and any remaining usage or time left on it is lost.  There's should have been an on-screen warning about this.

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a live agent at Public Mobile. You'll have to submit a ticket as described by @Triguy.

PM does not have a call center.  You would need to submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Smelldragons
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hii  i just registered and activated my device on the $15 / mth plan

which is ADVERTISED with unlimited incoming and outgoing TEXTS...

this is untrue!

I cannot send text to this number without data, and  messages i try to send with this plan don't work either

is there someway to RESTRICT the formate of messages to either MMS or else SMS whicver of the two is NOT DATA so that I honestly receive the unlimited texting feature?

in an effort to swallow the difference i looked at CHANGING PLANS... to conver my less than 24 hour plan from a $15 to a $40 plan and I am being told that in order to change plans I have to allow the THEFT OF THE CREDIT for my previous plan payment?

This is hard to wrap my head around, nothing in programming in any software language is ACCIDENTAL, everything is on PURPOSE..

can i talk to a live agent somehow to adjust this plan??

Notre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 , @GR you're both amazing!  That's incredibly fast, and helpful responses to my questions.  I've scheduled my plan change for the next renewal date.  Thanks again!

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Notre log in to your self serve account and click on change plan, then it will ask you now or at next renewal.  Click at next renewal because if you do it now you will lose the remaining month on your current plan!  Also they have a 5$ 500 minute add on that came out a little while ago that's perfect with that plan, it allows you to keep making outgoing calls if you reach your 100 minutes and the add on rolls over every month until all 500 minutes are used up  

@Notre wrote:

Hi,

I'm an existing public mobile customer.  I'm currently on the $15 plan, and I'm happy with it.  However, I've noticed that the terms of the $15 plan have actually improved since I signed up.  The new terms allow for unlimited incoming calls, while my plan is a flat 100 minutes for both incoming and outgoing calls.  I'd like to get the unlimited incoming calls and 100 minutes of outgoing calls, as new customers get.

I do have rewards from referrals plus autopay, and I have a 1 GB data promo.  I would not want to lose any of these when switching plans.  How would I go about switching plans so I get the latest offering, but also keep my rewards and data promo?

Thank you

You would need to go to selfserve.publicmobile.ca to peform a plan change. Be sure to schedule it to have the system automatically change the plan for you effective as of renewal time.  Your rewards will not be affected.

Need Help? Let's chat.