cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan

Sutha1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my plan from $15 monthly only 100 minutes talk time 250mb data, and only 100 texts, to $25 monthly unlimited talk time and texts and 500 mb data, but now it seems to say no long distance number when I called a local number 

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

@Sutha1980, is it telling you that LD charges may be applied?  If you're on a Canada Wide plan it should connect after the message is played.  All calls outside of your current local calling area (where you're using your phone) are considered long distance.

@Sutha1980 adding to this:  calls outside your local calling area are considered long distance by the regular old phone system, which knows nothing about your cell phone plane.  That is a generic warning that the call may be subject to long distance charges.  As noted, you can safely ignore it since your plan is prepaid and you cannot receive a suprise bill at the end of your current cycle.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Sutha1980, is it telling you that LD charges may be applied?  If you're on a Canada Wide plan it should connect after the message is played.  All calls outside of your current local calling area (where you're using your phone) are considered long distance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sutha1980 wrote:

I changed my plan from $15 monthly only 100 minutes talk time 250mb data, and only 100 texts, to $25 monthly unlimited talk time and texts and 500 mb data, but now it seems to say no long distance number when I called a local number 

Does your service show as Active in the self-serve?

Does it show that you are indeed on the $25 plan?

Some of your facts are a bit mixed up but regardless...

Two things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.