cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone number

marek_pumo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all

As I moved from Ontario to BC, I changed today my number.

On Self-Serve account there was information tthat changing was "successful" and new number is showing on my account. But the problem is that I can't make calls and connect to mobile internet, and there is still my old number showing on my phone.

I tried to restart my phone couple of times and still nothing.

How long can it takes? I can add, that my friend needed to do the same thing, and she has new number working in couple of minutes.

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@marek_pumo , does your account show the new number? Is the account still in active status?  I can understand a problem with number change potentially affecting calling and texting.  However, data is independent of phone number and should have continued to work.  The moderator team can fix anything wrong with the account but it will take time.  There might be something obvious in the account that can be corrected without their help.  Worth a quick check before contacting the moderators.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marek_pumo  While waiting for a response from a moderator try turning on airplane mode for 15 minutes turn off airplane mode and test again.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@marek_pumo wrote:

Hello all

As I moved from Ontario to BC, I changed today my number.

On Self-Serve account there was information tthat changing was "successful" and new number is showing on my account. But the problem is that I can't make calls and connect to mobile internet, and there is still my old number showing on my phone.

I tried to restart my phone couple of times and still nothing.

How long can it takes? I can add, that my friend needed to do the same thing, and she has new number working in couple of minutes.

@marek_pumoSomething went wrong. I did the same a few days ago, but everything worked well right away. Send a message to the moderators though this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Explain the situation, and they can look into it. OR click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions to create a ticket for your issue.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@marek_pumo 

Changing number should be done within a few minutes.  

Something went wrong.  You will need to contact moderator.

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Need Help? Let's chat.