cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing payment method

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello. I want to change my payment menthod. I checked it on my account via payment tab > manage autopay. There's an option which says "remove autopay". I just need to click this button and put my new credit card on my account? I assume, I won't lose any of my rewards I currently have on my account like the $6 autopay bonus? 

9 REPLIES 9

pm101helpu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello there;
I just wanted to add some additional information that may be helpful when resolving your issue about updating your payment method.
If the previous advice doesn't resolve the issue, you may want to consider clearing your browser history prior to logging on to your self-serve account. Then you go to update your payment method, your browser well except the new information that you put in.

Sometimes it's helpful to look at the entire page prior to making changes to your account in your case it would be under the payments tab.

If you're unsure as to where to find your history options depending on the browser you are using it may be located in different places.
Assuming that you're using Windows 10 as well as the Microsoft edge browser, you can click on the three dots in the right-hand corner at the top of your browser page once it is open, click on the history option and choose what you want to clear. If you are using a different browser like Internet Explorer normally it's found under the general tab wants options have been selected from the sub list.
I hope this was helpful!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ice1 wrote:

It doesn't show where to add new card info.,

please advise

Look for the little orange link a little further down in the payment screen.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

See this article explains how to change it.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card

) Login to Selfserve, click Payment tab.
2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link
"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"
3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

Ice1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It doesn't show where to add new card info.,

please advise

snakeeyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MODS if you are reading this, please consider some suggestions to improve the payment self service part of the user experience.

Add the "Manage credit cards" link to the "Manage AutoPay" page.  The only action button on there now is the "Remove AutoPay".  Making a customer "gamble" about loosing their AutoPay credits by clicking that button to update their card creates a bit of anxiety.

Thanks!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You're welcome.

I figured I point it out as its in small font size and easy to miss.  

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304

Ah, that's the one I'm looking for. Good thing you follow-up your post since removing the autopay doesn't remove the old card I'm using. Thank you!

imm1304

Also, keep in mind that on that same page where you are, there is a small orange colored link "Manage my cards"... you can go there and change the card info as you like.

Disabling and re-enabling the Autopay is just something I did to be sure there was no leftover info that could cause payment failure later.  FYI

imm1304

Hi @TroyDaBes!

Yes, you should remove/disable Autopay.  Enter new card info.. then enable the Autopay again.  You won't lose any rewards.  I did this a few months ago without trouble.  

Need Help? Let's chat.