cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing number

CharY
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried changing my phone number and it didn't change?

12 REPLIES 12

Seahorse03

Hi, thank you for clarifying that up. I’m only sharing my own experience as I mentioned “I believe”, I could be wrong too. I had a moderator helping me to get my number changed. And it was quite a hassle to do so. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seahorse03 wrote:

Hi, yes I believe that for now you have to contact a moderator to be able to change your number. Please note that most of businesses are short on staffs, and apparently it will be even less people next week. So try contact them if it’s an urgent change for you, ( it can be a long wait),  or you can hold onto it until the whole Covid-19 situation gets better.

@Seahorse03 

Good of you to get into participating here as I see you're pretty new.

Did you read the post immediately before yours? See that bold username and the little gold star. That indicates that that user/customer has been here for a long while and understands much of what goes on around here.

While we're not entirely certain of the actual intent of the OP whether this is a simple change number or a port-in...the simple change number does not need a moderator (unless some error happens just doing that as happened to me on a second account attempting a change number). But as often happens, we haven't heard from the OP for a while now.

Seahorse03

Hi, yes I believe that for now you have to contact a moderator to be able to change your number. Please note that most of businesses are short on staffs, and apparently it will be even less people next week. So try contact them if it’s an urgent change for you, ( it can be a long wait),  or you can hold onto it until the whole Covid-19 situation gets better.

@mpcdesign wrote:

@gblackma, I was recently told from an Oracle that the self-serve for changing phone numbers is not active at this time. 

I'm not aware of anything related to just a a simple number change. Porting a number in cannot currenlty be done from self serve.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign wrote:

@gblackma, I was recently told from an Oracle that the self-serve for changing phone numbers is not active at this time. 

I've seen it said by new members using change number to mean to port their number. But for us regulars...do you mean porting?...which does require moderator assistance. I can go into the change number feature and explore numbers to change to, click on one and it'll show below. A couple few weeks ago I changed numbers and it worked fine for one account. I just tried the transfer a number and it puts up a big message that you shall not pass go.

For obvious reasons I didn't complete the other change number function. Maybe it stops then. This would be news to me.

@CharY  you can change your number once every 30  day cycle from within your self service account.  

20200325_014121.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

@CharY hi unfortunatly because of sytem upgrades you have to get a moderator to do it for you bottom right corner click on the ? 

Isn't that for porting? I didn't know it was for a number change. Unless that's what the OP wants to do.

CharY

Oh ok thank you

CharY
  • Yah I have tried that

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@CharY hi unfortunatly because of sytem upgrades you have to get a moderator to do it for you bottom right corner click on the ? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CharY Did you restart your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.