cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing number on existing SIM card

mahamimran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I want to get a new number of my choice. When I try to change number, it does not give me the series of the number I want.

I know if I get a new SIM card, I can have the number I need. If I get a new SIM card and new number, will I be able to retain the balance of my existing account, like unused data, rewards etc etc.

Thanks

Maham 

9 REPLIES 9

it is possible.. it's true it takes time.. but my "Perfect" textnow number I got was by keeep refreshing and changing to different cities.  Just need patience.  A perfect number is priceless

@mahamimran wrote:

Actually the reason for doing this is to have same series of number for 3 of us sisters in the family. Just last digit would be different. My youngest sister got her number activated yesterday for the first time and me and my other sister thought, if we could all get the same series, that would be wonderful. That's the thought behind this.  

That's practically impossible to achieve here.

The numbers are mostly given at random.

@mahamimran wrote:

Ok, so I can't retain the old balance if I get a new SIM card and new number .... understood.

As far as only the new number on existing SIM card is concerned, it only shows 5 or 6 numbers to choose from ... does not give more option but if I get a new SIM card and new number, I can keep refreshing it till I find the number of my choice ... isn't it?

Actually the reason for doing this is to have same series of number for 3 of us sisters in the family. Just last digit would be different. My youngest sister got her number activated yesterday for the first time and me and my other sister thought, if we could all get the same series, that would be wonderful. That's the thought behind this.  

@mahamimran 

You can also try neighbouring towns/cities. This can provide numbers you may like as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahamimran 

you have to try it until you choice,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy

@mahamimran   Understand.

just try to refresh, or keep back the page and go back, not the best way, but you get to keep your account balance and your rewards  🙂

mahamimran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, so I can't retain the old balance if I get a new SIM card and new number .... understood.

As far as only the new number on existing SIM card is concerned, it only shows 5 or 6 numbers to choose from ... does not give more option but if I get a new SIM card and new number, I can keep refreshing it till I find the number of my choice ... isn't it?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@mahamimran wrote:

Hi

I want to get a new number of my choice. When I try to change number, it does not give me the series of the number I want.

I know if I get a new SIM card, I can have the number I need. If I get a new SIM card and new number, will I be able to retain the balance of my existing account, like unused data, rewards etc etc.

Thanks

No, you won't be able to transfer account balance from one to another.

Also, not sure how you can get a new set of number if you activate new SIM  , unless you know someone in the Mobile shop and knows the trick

usually, getting numbers from activation is the same as changing number via My Account.  It will still give you 5 numbers to choose from.  If you don't like it just refresh or keep changing city  of your choice and hope the number comes up

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahamimran : The change number let's you refresh for another set of numbers. It used to be that you could try for the last 4 digits during activation but not guaranteed. But that option is gone now.

No you can't transfer things from one account to another.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahamimran 

you can Changing Your Number under existing account,

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account here link and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number or to transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

No you can't be able to retain the balance of your existing account, like unused data, rewards etc. to New account with new SIM card is not allowed..then you have to start with brand a new Account with new SIM card,

Need Help? Let's chat.