cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing email address for PM

supreet09
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am trying to change my email address that I use for communication as well as for self serve but can't seem to find any option in self serve to do the same..

8 REPLIES 8

@gblackma wrote:

@supreet09 make sure that you change the community address to the exact same email that you have the moderators for the self service account. @Nezgar and others have had a problem getting rewards because of this.

Yes - and ensure the case is exactly the same between the two as well. ie, all lowercase. If case does not match, any community rewards you earn will not automatically apply to your account.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You got your answer, three times over!

@supreet09 make sure that you change the community address to the exact same email that you have the moderators for the self service account. @Nezgar and others have had a problem getting rewards because of this.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@supreet09 I had to do this last week. I opened a ticket and a moderator who contacted me shortly afterwards was able to do it very quickly. I changed the email address under settings in Community to the same one.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@supreet09 

PM uses your email address as the username of your self-serve account.

It is like the username of any online account cannot be changed by user.

Therefore, contact moderator to change email address.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@supreet09 

as @ShawnC13  has pointed out it is best to contact the moderators. But in this particular instance I would caution do not go through the BOT. I know sounds confusing but it is because the BOT will actually send you to a link that sounds like it should be able to change your email but it actually doesnt work.  I am telling you this because earlier this week we directed a customer through SIMon the BOT and it didnt work for them. If you do go through SIMon youll need to bypass the link then and just type "contact us"

Direct message the moderators and in the subject line type Change self serve email. Explain to them why you want to change it. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Screenshot_20200518_231827.jpg

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

you are right if you remember being able to that before

they removed that option, now you have to go through moderators

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@supreet09 wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to change my email address that I use for communication as well as for self serve but can't seem to find any option in self serve to do the same..

I think for self-serve you will need to contact the moderators to do this.  They can probably do both at the same time for you

To contact the moderators you need to click on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  This will take you to SIMon the chatbot and there you will follow the prompts to raise a trouble ticket.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.