cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing credit card in AutoPay

monocycliste
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just changed my credit card and thus need to change my credit card number used for AutoPay. I searched about this but what I could find didn't help me.

There is this thread about registering or updating a credit card:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/How-do-I-register-update-my-cr...

But when I go to the payment tab, there are only two tabs under, "Make a Payment" and "Transaction History". The "Credit Card" is non-existant.

How can I update my credit card without losing my Autopay reward?

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

@ds123  Clear your browser. Reboot the device you are using to access your account. Have only one tab open in secret/incognito mode in Firefox, chrome or safari. Choose replace card under manage my card unless your address has changed as well. Then choose remove card.

@ds123 wrote:

That was the next thing I was going to try. Everyone has to do this every few years when their credit card is updated with a new expiry. Not sure why Public Mobile makes it so non-obvious to perform this simple task.

Yeah, on one hand, you're right, it ISN'T the most intuitive way of doing things, but OTOH, if an issue arises, a quick search of the forums, or asking for help will almost always find the necessary info, which, in this sort of case, is to NOT use the apt.# field, when filling in the credit card info, and making sure the info you input is the same as what's on your credit card bill, and/or the card itself. That info generally works for ANY online purchases via credit card, with the possible exception of this apt.# field issue.

ds123

That was the next thing I was going to try. Everyone has to do this every few years when their credit card is updated with a new expiry. Not sure why Public Mobile makes it so non-obvious to perform this simple task.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Betsy, I don't think this was mentioned, but the address must be entered EXACTLY as it appears on your CC statment.  As already mentioned, do not put an apt. in the apt. field (if you have one).

Sorry to hear that issue.  Maybe some of the others in the forum have more ideas.  Or you might want ot contact the moderators.  

Betsy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I get the same message in Chome, Firefox, and Explorer and I left the Apt. section blank as you suggested and it's still not working, but thank you for your suggestion.

Betsy

My daughter pays with Mastercard for her plan so I will call them again and see if there's a problem with my card.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Betsy wrote:

I followed these steps: Click Payment tab -> Click One Time Payment -> Click Manage credit or Visa Debit card  

and put in my new credit card information but it didn't work. I got the message "Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information." 

When I called Mastercard, there wasn't a problem from their end. What should I do?

They specified either Credit or Visa Debit card though. Maybe Public Mobile doesn't support Mastercard?

@BetsyLooks like this happens often.  Sometimes using a different web browser, clearing cache, using incognito mode, leaving the apartment section blank (often works).  

Betsy

I followed these steps: Click Payment tab -> Click One Time Payment -> Click Manage credit or Visa Debit card  

and put in my new credit card information but it didn't work. I got the message "Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information." 

When I called Mastercard, there wasn't a problem from their end. What should I do?

ktpublic

Discovered several links that pointed out there is a link at the bottom left of the Payment page for "Registering or Managing Credit cards" that I needed to use to update autopay credit card expiry date.  

Here is one of the links:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Card-Expired-Cannot-Enter-Upd...

Hope this helps others.  Good Luck!

-ktpublic

I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

edalgaard
Excellent, thank you! This feature is also reachable through the Manage Autopay screen. Unfortunately it does not preload the form with any information, not even my address! Oh well.

suntan

Thank you @monocycliste,

This worked but I think it's crazy they don't make this option more visable...

Hello @monocycliste,

Excellent thumbs up to you 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

monocycliste

Just found a workaround.

Click Payment tab -> Click One Time Payment -> Click Manage credit or Visa Debit card -> Voilà

Need Help? Let's chat.