cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing NUMBER option

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i recently changed phone number and chose last 4 digit. I tried again for a friend, with another account but no option, here I tried again too capture the screenshot. Anyone know why.

I would like too change 4 digitCan I pick last 4Can I pick last 4

17 REPLIES 17

dboxtvinfo715

Yes, seems to be the case. Looking forward to next sim 

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

I did it 4 days ago with a new activation 

@gblackma wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 I added the last 4 digits to both my own number and my mother's when I set them up. There is no option to add the last 4 digits from within your self service / my account .  The only way to try to accomplish this is to contact a moderator and see if they are able to do it for you. However, you may be stuck with one of the new area codes which may make calls from local landlines long distance. Here is the dirct private message link to contact them https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Hope it works out for you.

@dboxtvinfo715  Thanks for clarifying when you originally chose the last 4 digits....this was the info @CannonFodder was seeking. Just to be clear this option (choosing the last 4 digits) of a phone number is only offered upon initial activation when choosing a new number. After this when using the change number feature in your account you will only be offered a choice of numbers in an expandable box. You can only change your number once every 30 days.

dboxtvinfo715

thanks !

dboxtvinfo715

I did it 4 days ago with a new activation 

@gblackma wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 I added the last 4 digits to both my own number and my mother's when I set them up. There is no option to add the last 4 digits from within your self service / my account .  The only way to try to accomplish this is to contact a moderator and see if they are able to do it for you. However, you may be stuck with one of the new area codes which may make calls from local landlines long distance. Here is the dirct private message link to contact them https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@dboxtvinfo715 I added the last 4 digits to both my own number and my mother's when I set them up. There is no option to add the last 4 digits from within your self service / my account .  The only way to try to accomplish this is to contact a moderator and see if they are able to do it for you. However, you may be stuck with one of the new area codes which may make calls from local landlines long distance. Here is the direct private message link to contact them https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dboxtvinfo715

@trobious wrote:

Hi dboxtvinfo715,

When you request to change your number, then you select your area, you should get a list of numbers to choose from.  Does your friend already have an account set up?  How long have they had this account?  When is the last time they changed their number?  If they just only recently changed their number, they might be in a "cool down" period.

I can't think of another reason, I just tried to change my number, chose Montreal, and was presented with a list of new numbers to choose from.

Cheers,

trobious

Choosing your last 4 number s, try that 

dboxtvinfo715

i changed 1 time but tried on other sim

trobious
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi dboxtvinfo715,

When you request to change your number, then you select your area, you should get a list of numbers to choose from.  Does your friend already have an account set up?  How long have they had this account?  When is the last time they changed their number?  If they just only recently changed their number, they might be in a "cool down" period.

I can't think of another reason, I just tried to change my number, chose Montreal, and was presented with a list of new numbers to choose from.

Cheers,

trobious

@CannonFodder  I don't think @dboxtvinfo715  has ever been known to be completely clear or clarify most of his posts unless you can decipher the emoji language. Going by your confusion with @gblackma emoji driven posts you made need @Jb456 help as an interperter. BTW....did you ever find that invisible puck?

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder  I think the confusion is stemming from the way the OP worded his original query.

So it would seem.... the OP made it SOUND as though the original number change mentioned, was on an existing account, rather than a new account, which is why I was confused by what @computergeek541  said, which seemed contrary to the OP's experience on the 1st account.

I believe the choice of the 4 digit option presented itself while activating a new account going by other posts/threads @dboxtvinfo715 has posted this evening. He now wonders why he can't do it with an existing account because that option is not offered.

Yeah, probably..... maybe @dboxtvinfo715  will return to clarify.

@Nezgar wrote:

I have also observed that the choice to search last 4 digits is available during initial signup, but not afterwards from within self serve.

The only explanation I can see would be that the OP has confused which account he remembers the number search option being available, and it was a new account where it was seen.

With that said, has anyone had any success asking mods if a particular 4 digits are available in a certain city as a workaround?

Moderators can definitely check to see which phone numbers are available and assign them to an account. They have to be able to do such things in cases of system failures or unauthroized port outs, etc.

@CannonFodder  I think the confusion is stemming from the way the OP worded his original query. I believe the choice of the 4 digit option presented itself while activating a new account going by other posts/threads @dboxtvinfo715 has posted this evening. He now wonders why he can't do it with an existing account because that option is not offered.

I have also observed that the choice to search last 4 digits is available during initial signup, but not afterwards from within self serve.

The only explanation I can see would be that the OP has confused which account he remembers the number search option being available, and it was a new account where it was seen.

With that said, has anyone had any success asking mods if a particular 4 digits are available in a certain city as a workaround?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

Uhm.... I'm confused here..... @computergeek541 , what you said is contradictory to what the OP said had already been done once(in bold & underlined above)..... are you saying that the OP ported in a number, on a new account, and had the option to change that number THEN, but if any of us(in this case, the friend) with an existing account tried that, the option for choice of the last 4 digits wouldn't show up?

There is no option to search for the last 4 digits of a new phone number to change to for an existing account from within Self Serve.

Ok, so how did the OP get the option to search for the last 4 digits on their account then? Seems like one of us(I'm not sure which) is misunderstanding what the OP said(again, the bold, underlined part)......

@CannonFodder wrote:

Uhm.... I'm confused here..... @computergeek541 , what you said is contradictory to what the OP said had already been done once(in bold & underlined above)..... are you saying that the OP ported in a number, on a new account, and had the option to change that number THEN, but if any of us(in this case, the friend) with an existing account tried that, the option for choice of the last 4 digits wouldn't show up?

There is no option to search for the last 4 digits of a new phone number to change to for an existing account from within Self Serve.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

i recently changed phone number and chose last 4 digit. I tried again for a friend, with another account but no option, here I tried again too capture the screenshot. Anyone know why.

I would like too change 4 digit

The option is only provided to the customer when activating the new account.

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

I would like too change 4 digit

The option is only provided to the customer when activating the new account.

Need Help? Let's chat.