cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan... Lost rewards. Help?

Agiledragon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I recently changed my plan from a$120(90 day) plan to $50(30 day) 

I used to have reward and loyalty rewards that would reduce it to $99 from $120 now my rewards are gone/restarted. Now that my the plan will change on my next renewal (March 7) It's a lot less. Please help. What happened to my rewards?

14 REPLIES 14

@1Spacec4t wrote:

During the last 3 months I had accumulated 15$ that would have been applied on my next payment which is tomorrow. This has nothing to do with the months to come, but with the last 3 months. After the next 3 months of 30 days contracts, I will have ''earned'' another 15$, just the same as if I would renew my contract for 90 days. But if I keep my actual 90 days contract, I would also have 15$ for my payment tomorrow. 

BTW, this year I noted that the added monthly reward for being a continuous customer for one more year always appear after the first month of the new year, not at the end of the 12th month. 

No, as both @computergeek541 and @stonechucker  are pointing out, the rewards are for the period ahead.

When you first signed up you paid the full plan cost and the auto pay rewards for that first period (if you signed up at the time of account activation) was credited to your available funds. So, on your first renewal / second plan payment you paid plan price minus auto pay credit (for the first period) minus auto pay reward ( for the second period). On the day of your second renewal you'd be paying the plan cost for the third period minus auto pay reward for the third period.

If at the time of your first renewal you had a friend referral with the friend's plan being active at that time the referal reward would be applied for the second plan period. And so on.

As for time of application of loyalty rewards: The reward is for a full year of 365days. Whereas 4 x 90days or 12 x 30days are 360 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1Spacec4t wrote:

During the last 3 months I had accumulated 15$ that would have been applied on my next payment which is tomorrow. This has nothing to do with the months to come, but with the last 3 months. After the next 3 months of 30 days contracts, I will have ''earned'' another 15$, just the same as if I would renew my contract for 90 days. But if I keep my actual 90 days contract, I would also have 15$ for my payment tomorrow. 

BTW, this year I noted that the added monthly reward for being a continuous customer for one more year always appear after the first month of the new year, not at the end of the 12th month. 

I think a previous post from stonechucker touched on/explained what might be happening. The rewards are paid in advance at renewal time. The $15 you're thinking of was paid 3 months ago to cover the following 3 months. Now, changing to a 30 day term, you will get the 30 day equivalent to cover the next 30 days in advance.

But maybe I'm all wet.

Edit: wetcoaster and I went about typing our replies at about the same time. Funny.

1Spacec4t
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@1Spacec4t wrote:

That's not exactly right. We all know that the rewards appear *after* the end of the term. So, I had accumulated 15$ to be applied on my upcoming renewal which is tomorrow. This is gone. The 5$ they are now offerning me for 30 days will be 15$ in 3 months but in the meantime I still will have lost the 15$ that was going to be applied on my payment tomorrow. Try calculating it with pencil and paper, you will see.

What is that $15 for that was going to be applied tomorrow if you had stayed on a 90 day plan?  Only community reward amounts should have stayed the same.

If you had Autopay ($6), Loyalty ($6) and Refferral ($3) - this is just an example - to total $15 on a 90 day plan, that would and should be changed to $2, $2, and $1 when you chanage to a 30 day plan.

In that example, that $15 you would have got tomorrow on a 90 day plan is the exact same amount you would receive on a 30 day plan if you combine the rewards payments from tomorrow, in 30 days, and in 60 days. 

1Spacec4t

That's not exactly right. We all know that the rewards appear *after* the end of the term. So, I had accumulated 15$ to be applied on my upcoming renewal which is tomorrow. This is gone. The 5$ they are now offerning me for 30 days will be 15$ in 3 months but in the meantime I still will have lost the 15$ that was going to be applied on my payment tomorrow. Try calculating it with pencil and paper, you will see.

When I was considering switching form a 90 plan to a 30 day plan, the rewards aspect did confuse me at first.

@1Spacec4t 

When you do this, loyalty, autopay, and referral rewards will get reduced to an amount that is exactly one third of before.

You have not lost any rewards as a result of this.

As these types of rewards will now be added to your account every 30 days instead of the 90 days as before, this means that these rewards will be added two more times during the next 90 day period (on the 30 day plan) compared to before.

The net result is that you will have received the exact same amount of rewards over the next 90 days whether you have changed to a 30 day plan or if you had remained on a 90 day plan.

@1Spacec4t wrote:

I have a related problem. With my 90 days plan I had accumulated 15$ in rewards for the last 90 days billing period. We all know that the rewards are attributed at the end of wach billing period. I was looking to change my plan to a 30 days plan because this plan offers more than what I was getting for 5$ less on a 30 days basis. Changing plan in the system made my rewards fall to 5$, which is 10$ less than I have actually earned. So my question is, when renewing comes, will the 15$ reward I earned in the last 90 days be credited to my account, or will I get only 5$?

On a different topic, I was pretty annoyed at seeing that although I registered for a 90 dys plan in order to save money, I didnt get the best offer amd actually lost 15$ in costs compared with the new 30 days offer. I tried to deal with this in december, but the Pubic Mobile website works terribly bad from a cellphone chrome browser and made it impossible to get the help I woud have needed about this. Too bad I didn't have time to sit in front of a computer. But I still find this situation pretty unjust.

@1Spacec4t, as I wrote above in response to the original poster, changing from 90-day to 30-day reduces rewards you will receive for purchasing your NEXT renewal.  The rewards you see, are not 'from' the last period, but for the next period.  This is shown in detail on your first signup when you pay full price and register for AutoPay at that time.  You actually get double autopay discount on your first renewal and going forward on the second and following renewals, you will see the 30- or 90-day rewards.

This is normal and correct.  The only rewards that are not affected, are the Community rewards, as they are based on monthly participation in the Community.

@1Spacec4t  a écrit :

I have a related problem. With my 90 days plan I had accumulated 15$ in rewards for the last 90 days billing period. We all know that the rewards are attributed at the end of wach billing period. I was looking to change my plan to a 30 days plan because this plan offers more than what I was getting for 5$ less on a 30 days basis. Changing plan in the system made my rewards fall to 5$, which is 10$ less than I have actually earned. So my question is, when renewing comes, will the 15$ reward I earned in the last 90 days be credited to my account, or will I get only 5$?

On a different topic, I was pretty annoyed at seeing that although I registered for a 90 dys plan in order to save money, I didnt get the best offer amd actually lost 15$ in costs compared with the new 30 days offer. I tried to deal with this in december, but the Pubic Mobile website works terribly bad from a cellphone chrome browser and made it impossible to get the help I woud have needed about this. Too bad I didn't have time to sit in front of a computer. But I still find this situation pretty unjust.

1. Your rewards are YOUR rewards so yes they will stay yours.

2. I am agree with you in front of a computer everything is going smoother....but nothing we can do...just ask!Smiley Wink

1Spacec4t

Public Mobile is a prepaid service

As such the rewards are redeemed as soon as plan change takes effect

As you changed from 90 days to 30 days some differences would happen

EG $6 autopay credit is cashed in as a $2 autopay credit (you will still get 2x $2 credits for next 2 renewals/60 days)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Agiledragon wrote:

So I recently changed my plan from a$120(90 day) plan to $50(30 day) 

I used to have reward and loyalty rewards that would reduce it to $99 from $120 now my rewards are gone/restarted. Now that my the plan will change on my next renewal (March 7) It's a lot less. Please help. What happened to my rewards?

You were getting $21 rewards for your 90 days plan.  Since rewards is calculated every 30 days.  Therefore, you should get $7 every 30 days cycle. 

Are you getting $7 rewards now after switching to a 30 days plan?

If you are getting less than $7 per cycle, send a private message to moderator for help.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Agiledragon,

Rewards are presented in your overview as what to expect on the 30- or 90-day cycle you are going to renew.  As you've changed (did you immediately or future change) from a 90-day cycle (3x30-day rewards) to a 30-day cycle (1x30-day rewards) this is normal and expected.

All rewards (except Community) are based on 30--days.  If you were to change from 30- to 90-day plan, you would see the reverse on your next renewal.

EDIT:  Modified last statement to include (except Community).  stonechucker

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Any auto-pay/referral/loyalty rewards should remain active regardless of plan changes, as long as the plan remains active, so you should still have them. However, changing from a 90 day plan to a 30 day plan will cut each reward into 3 (auto pay reward goes from $6 every 90 days to $2 every 30 days) so it may look like you have lost more rewards than you actually did.

As @Lieux said, you will need to contact a moderator.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

For the rewards you will need the help of the moderator... @Agiledragon

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

wait few hours up to 2 days they will help you with that...here it's a forum with customers..we don't have access to your account

Need Help? Let's chat.