cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phone numbere

Selba
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

Just changed my phone number.  Will anyone calling my old number get my new number?  If yes, is there anyway to stop that?

Thanks.

Selba

8 REPLIES 8

Selba

Thank you!

Selba

Thank you for your prompt reply.

@Luddite wrote:

@popping wrote:

@Selba wrote:

Hi

Just changed my phone number.  Will anyone calling my old number get my new number?  If yes, is there anyway to stop that?

Thanks.

Selba

No.  Anyone calls your old number will get a message saying that your old number no longer working.

Or some stranger will answer.  

alien phone call.jpeg

[Added to improve my post count .... Robot LOL]

I can help with doing one better for you.  

@popping wrote:

@Selba wrote:

Hi

Thanks.

Selba

No.  Anyone calls your old number will get a message saying that your old number no longer working.

Or some stranger will answer.  

alien phone call.jpeg

[Added to improve my post count .... Robot LOL]

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Selba wrote:

Hi

Thanks.

Selba

After changing your phone number you must provide the new one to the people who wish to you have it. Cell phone carriers do not forward calls from the old number to new for you, such as the way that the post office can do for mail. Once a phone number is changed, the old one is deactivated.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

They will get a message saying the old number is no longer in service.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Selba  no, when you change your number and someone calls your old number they only get a not in service recording! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Selba wrote:

Hi

Thanks.

Selba

Need Help? Let's chat.