cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my phone plan and data is not working

Rupinder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help with this ordeal I have tried to suspend service and resumed the service after 15 min but it seems it doesn't work at all.  Also I was offered 1GB data for being a long time customer but that also disappeared so I should have 1GB, 500mb and bonus 500mb please help

13 REPLIES 13

@Rupinder wrote:

Thank you for the contact info. 

* btw yes calling and texting service and still active. 

@Rupinder  Can you see what it says if you click on plan details under my plan in your overview page?

Also you could try topping up your account with one dollar and restarting your phone to see if this will reset your account while you wait for the moderators to respond.

You are welcome @Rupinder your plan Didn't provision properly. The moderators are the way to go.

@Rupinder wrote:

@SchizoTerry  Unless I've forgotten, I believe OP's old plan did have 500mb data but did not have the bonus 500mb (total 1GB) of additional data with autopay. 

Rupinder

SchizoTerry

You need to put in public mobile apn settings on your smartphone,

if you just had a talk plan... that's why your data isn't working... because you never configured it before.

Go into your call settings and then mobile networks... you should see the apn settings in there. Then create a new apn profile.

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

If your data isn't showing on your online account... then the above mentioned is useless. As others said... contact a Mod. 

@Rupinder then contact a moderator as I suggested above.

@Rupinder wrote:

I changed my plan 3 weeks ago but the change was supposed to have occurred feb 01 so I waited but it seems my account states that I have new plan active but I don't have any data. Also I do have autopay.

@Rupinder wrote:

I changed my plan 3 weeks ago but the change was supposed to have occurred feb 01 so I waited but it seems my account states that I have new plan active but I don't have any data. Also I do have autopay.

Yes if you are on autopay, then you should get the bonus data.  Is the rest of the phone service working, ie: calling and texting?

Either way if the plan didn't change you will need to contact moderators for help, you can click this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the rest of the prompts to finish submission.

@Rupinder wrote:

I had the $25 talk and text plan and I was offered 1GB of data so I decided to switch my plan over to $25 plan that offers 500mb of data and 500mb of bonus data but it seems I don't have any now

So you were on the old $25 plan and are changing to the new one the gives a bonus of 500mb with autopay?  How did you do the plan change? 

Changing plans immediately would mean you need to add the money to your account and then select change immediately, although it is advised that you select to change at next renewal as you will lose any existing features of your old plan and reset your renewal cycle.

Rupinder

@Rupinder  did you set your change to come in on the next cycle? Or immediately.  And the bonus 500mb only applies if you are on autopay .

@Rupinder wrote:

I had the $25 talk and text plan and I was offered 1GB of data so I decided to switch my plan over to $25 plan that offers 500mb of data and 500mb of bonus data but it seems I don't have any now

Rupinder

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Rupinder wrote:

Please help with this ordeal I have tried to suspend service and resumed the service after 15 min but it seems it doesn't work at all.  Also I was offered 1GB data for being a long time customer but that also disappeared so I should have 1GB, 500mb and bonus 500mb please help

@Rupinder  Did you try to change plans and then lost service?  Can you explain it a little more?  Are you sure you didn't use up your data, including the holiday gifts?  Also what plan are you on and trying to change to?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rupinder Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Rupinder wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.