cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Changed account and community user name email - but?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Changed account and community user name email - but?

@Beer  you need to contact moderators to change the system email.  It's the email address you created your account with.  It's also the email the lost passwords are sent to. 

Iirc the system email id also  what is linked to community rewards aswell so it's in you interest to change it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I doubt changing the email address on one side changed the address on the other.

So which side did you change it on? Did you start at community and the account changed? Did you do the backdoor change email in the account and the community changed?

But maybe they've changed things.

Do the forgot your password and that will send to the account internal registered email address.

But you're not going to read this. So this is for others.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Beer  you need to contact moderators to change the system email.  It's the email address you created your account with.  It's also the email the lost passwords are sent to. 

Iirc the system email id also  what is linked to community rewards aswell so it's in you interest to change it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Highlighted

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Beer 

We have talked about this before and I don't think YOU get it. Doing that change email for the account does NOT change the internal registered email address. You can change it for login purposes but not the internal. The proof there is that when you go to reset your password, the email goes to the internally registered email.

I also highly doubt that both the account and community changed in one function. But maybe things have changed.

I thought you blocked me. So I wrote that for others.

Highlighted

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Moved:

Highlighted
Oracle

@Beer  when you login into selfserve you will see an email address in your overview page.  unless things have changed this is the internal email address used for rewards and lost password.  it is different then the emial login for the account.  the login for the attached image/account is a yahoo address.

edit as mentioned only mods can change this emial address

edit 2 the community and selfserve are two different  systems. changing one does not change the other.

edit 3 look at your emial  history when you signed up you will find emails form pm to the email address you provided on signup.

hope this helps

Screenshot (102)_LI.jpg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 

I did the username change and that email there becomes the new one. It's still not the internal account email. I'm not sure where to see it other than the forgot password email goes to the internal one.

But apparently I'm calling you a liar.