cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account email update?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

How can email be updated on account page?

I have asked Simon and will cut and paste it's response--- HOWEVER there is no such option that I can see.

SIMON'S SOLUTION:

You can easily change the email address associated with your account by clicking the "My Profile" button and then click on "Change Username".

75 REPLIES 75

65Rustang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

this worked.  thanks

reddysar7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try to reach moderator they will definitely help on this subject 

pomlady
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for your help, the Moderator changed my email address.

pomlady

Thank you I was going bonkers lol looking for it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pomlady wrote:

I am baffled to be honest.  On the community site I went into my settings and was able to switch to my new email address but on the mail Public Mobile site it still shows my old email address!  I don't see any "Change Username"!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

This is because the self-serve portal uses your email address as your username.  Therefore, self-serve online will not let your change your email address which will mess up you login.  Only moderator can access your account.  Create a moderator support ticket to change your email address help using the Chat button at the bottom right corner of this page.

On the other hand, community login uses the username provided by you during registration,  You can change your email address on your community account any time you like.  The email address on your community account is used to link your community reward to your PM account.

pomlady

I am baffled to be honest.  On the community site I went into my settings and was able to switch to my new email address but on the mail Public Mobile site it still shows my old email address!  I don't see any "Change Username"!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Please focus and carefully read my post - on how - at least in my case I am able to simply do this . Hint ...hint...... SIMON.

iCloud Mail - Your Public Mobile Password

Hello there! Public Mobile here.

To change your Self Serve password, please click the link below. Your new password needs to be a combination of letters and numbers and at least 6 characters long.

I have deleted the link provided 

Once you’ve updated your password, you’ll be able to log in to your Self Serve account and easily update your profile, make payments, view your payment history, and more.

If the above link doesn't work, please visit us as publicmobile.ca/communityand ask for more details.

It has just hit me - I do use alias addresses so just perhaps that has something to do with it.

That's. Password. Not email address. Yes. A gmail alias would go to the source main inbox. Try using a whole other email server.

I found the username change in SIMon too. etc ad nauseum.

Great flash of insight though. That's probably what's throwing you off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I wrote in your other threads...I had tested it myself and found that it went to the original address.

I also said maybe they've changed it. Maybe they did.

I don't insist on things unless I've done it. If I'm not 100% sure I write hedging words of uncertainty.

If you could provide a link to the page that you were able to do this in then we can all test it out since you don't like my responses.

mimmo

@BEER  there are 3 emails with pm

1) community

2) selfserve user name

3) selfserve profile email address

1 and 2 can be changed whenever you want.

#3 can only be changed by mods and it is initially set to the email addrss you used when you created selfserve account. 

edit @Alan_K  the ability to view/ change the actual profile email  address would be a great benefit when PM finally decides to update selfserve portal.

BEER

mimmo

@Anonymous  good to know about the lost password 

mimmo

@BEER pm must have changed things at some point since I changed the username on the account.

Just contact mods and ask them to change the profile email address. Or ask them what it is.  Make sure you clarify what you want because they  often mix thing up.

And don't forget to change your community email address 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  I guess my pants must be on fire. 🙂

I guess they changed things since I did the user name change.

So then yes the only way to find out is lost password function. Or look at past emails.   And I believe the lost password will only work using the original email address  not the username iirc

When this same discussion went on before, I tried the forgot password and used the new email and it went to the internal address anyway.

mimmo

@Anonymous  I guess my pants must be on fire. 🙂

I guess they changed things since I did the user name change.

So then yes the only way to find out is lost password function. Or look at past emails.   And I believe the lost password will only work using the original email address  not the username iirc

BEER

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo 

I did the username change and that email there becomes the new one. It's still not the internal account email. I'm not sure where to see it other than the forgot password email goes to the internal one.

But apparently I'm calling you a liar.

mimmo

@BEER  when you login into selfserve you will see an email address in your overview page.  unless things have changed this is the internal email address used for rewards and lost password.  it is different then the emial login for the account.  the login for the attached image/account is a yahoo address.

edit as mentioned only mods can change this emial address

edit 2 the community and selfserve are two different  systems. changing one does not change the other.

edit 3 look at your emial  history when you signed up you will find emails form pm to the email address you provided on signup.

hope this helps

Screenshot (102)_LI.jpg

BEER

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER 

We have talked about this before and I don't think YOU get it. Doing that change email for the account does NOT change the internal registered email address. You can change it for login purposes but not the internal. The proof there is that when you go to reset your password, the email goes to the internally registered email.

I also highly doubt that both the account and community changed in one function. But maybe things have changed.

I thought you blocked me. So I wrote that for others.

BEER

BEER

mimmo

@BEER  you need to contact moderators to change the system email.  It's the email address you created your account with.  It's also the email the lost passwords are sent to. 

Iirc the system email id also  what is linked to community rewards aswell so it's in you interest to change it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt changing the email address on one side changed the address on the other.

So which side did you change it on? Did you start at community and the account changed? Did you do the backdoor change email in the account and the community changed?

But maybe they've changed things.

Do the forgot your password and that will send to the account internal registered email address.

But you're not going to read this. So this is for others.

BEER

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tsawwassen wrote:

OOOPS - I just Bravod all posts including the ones from my other account - is this allowed?

Kinda frowned upon but you can also undo a Bravo by clicking it again.

Thank you again - will do just as you suggest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tsawwassen wrote:

OOOPS - I just Bravod all posts including the ones from my other account - is this allowed?

Kinda frowned upon but you can also undo a Bravo by clicking it again.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Again that doesn’t make sense because if one updates their contact email because for whatever reason they deleted their original email they will never be able to re-set their password and access their account page. 

Did you try it? Did you do that change email and then try the forgot your password link?

You are correct - I did what you ask and never received the update password email because I no longer have it.    But really this is nuts --- since I no longer have the original email and if I had actually forgotten my password I would then never be able to access my account.

*Just in case one wonders as to why I no longer have the original email it is because for security reasons  I always use alias emails for everything but my financial accounts.

The seed of doubt is that some people don't get the email anyway.

You can ask the mods to change the account email. It's not never.

Thank you ----- I now realize that one can change their email. password, new cel number etc within their account but the "Forgot Password" does not sent the link to the updated email but only to the original email used to initially set up the account.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Again that doesn’t make sense because if one updates their contact email because for whatever reason they deleted their original email they will never be able to re-set their password and access their account page. 

Did you try it? Did you do that change email and then try the forgot your password link?

You are correct - I did what you ask and never received the update password email because I no longer have it.    But really this is nuts --- since I no longer have the original email and if I had actually forgotten my password I would then never be able to access my account.

*Just in case one wonders as to why I no longer have the original email it is because for security reasons  I always use alias emails for everything but my financial accounts.

The seed of doubt is that some people don't get the email anyway.

You can ask the mods to change the account email. It's not never.

Need Help? Let's chat.