cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change your phone number mistake

reachme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I made a mistake while porting out my phone number from Rogers.

On the page to change my phone number , I specified te wrong account name. On submission, I didn't get any error message and I didn't get successful message either.

When I go back to enter to port my number again, it is giving an error now. What are my next steps to correct that mistake and port my number ?

This is what I get now:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

reachme

Thanks All.

It seems weird but the porting seems to be successful without doing any further action.

Even though I didn't get any successful message on submission and I didn't get any notificaiton text/email indicating porting has been successful but I can make/receive calls using my public mobile sim and my older number..

all seems to be good so far 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If your phone is working properly, suggest you just wait until tomorrow and try again afetr clearing the browser's cache.

If it's not working, login to your account and try Change Number but pick a new number. Once that is complete try porting again.

Likely the system just needs to clear/reset after the port failed.

All guesswork as never seen this repprted.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

reachme

thanks @Anonymous

Hopefully someone from mod team either respond here or to my private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@reachme wrote:

Hi,

I made a mistake while porting out my phone number from Rogers.

On the page to change my phone number , I specified te wrong account name. On submission, I didn't get any error message and I didn't get successful message either.

When I go back to enter to port my number again, it is giving an error now. What are my next steps to correct that mistake and port my number ?

This is what I get now:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Thanks

Well...no one else is jumping in.

I vote sending a private message to the moderators. Sounds like quite the shamozzle.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Need Help? Let's chat.