cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone number

Frenchieguy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I first signed up I had the option to enter in a phone number to check if it was available. I would like to check if my old phone number happens to be available, if not then I would like to try to change my current number to my old number.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions. 👍🏻

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Frenchieguy , the phone number checking that was available during initial activation does not allow you to select an exact number.  The number selection changes after activation.  As already mentioned normally keeping an old number involves number porting from an active account held with a competing brand.  Otherwise if you have given up your old number, it goes into furlough for a period before issuance to a new customers.  That number remains with the original brand that was assigned the number.  My feeling is you are going to be stuck unless number porting is available to you.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Frenchieguy  contact moderators to deal with this as they may help: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions (give as much info as possible), OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Frenchieguy 

Who was your phone number with?

That form was only for the numbers that you are already owner of with another company, it tells you if it's possible to transfer to public mobile (if you own it already) and not if it's'not taken'

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Frenchieguy  please use the 3 dots on the top right of your post to delete your phone number. Is this a phone number on an active account with another provider? If it is, then you have to contact the moderators to port  your number. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  Type "Port Request " and follow the prompts to get to one.

If you gave up your number and are trying to catch it if available then you can try from within your self service account. Try change phone number. See screenshot 

20200325_014121.jpg

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Frenchieguy 

You probably need to contact moderator to see whether your old number is available. 

If you want to port another number from a different company, you willl also need to contact moderator, since the porting function is not working at the present time.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and edit the post to delete your personal information (phone number)..as it's visible for the public to see.

Need Help? Let's chat.