cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my Self Serve Info

recovery12q
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve been trying to reach your moderators for almost a month now to change my email so I can activate my SIM card. I’ve emailed 4x. I need to change my email because I deactivated it over a year ago.

11 REPLIES 11

@recovery12q 

Let's see if I understand your request.You no longer have the email you originally activated your account with so you need to change old email address with the new email you have created for your self account. Once you are able to do that you will be able to follow the new protocol for swapping your sim card.

You have created a support ticket thru simple simon which you will have to verify by logging in with your old email address and password or the code that is sent via SMS which you cannot recieve because you have to swap your sim card. If you cannot verify with the old email you are basically stuck between a rock and a hard place......under the new anti fraud security procedures pm has implemented.

You should still be able to accomplish all of this using the method that had been in place previously that worked with the additional assistance from the moderators. Look for a message in your private message box from the moderators  in the morning. If within a couple of hours you get no reply then send a private message directly to the moderator team. Put "change email/swap sim card" in the subject line and include the appropriate info from the instructions below.....

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@recovery12q you can activate under a different  email. 

Then when you have a new Public  Mobile account setup, contact the Moderators back to have  the email switched to the one you want..even though it was used on a old deactivated account.

@Anonymous wrote:

@recovery12q : If you can log in to your Public Mobile self-serve account then you can change the SIM card yourself. The email address is only used for login. It would be recommended to change the email addresses on your account to a working email address but not necessary.

Did you lose the SIM and/or the phone thereby needing to change it on your account?

In the case of a the SIM card being lost, a SIM card cannot be swapped without repsonding to an e-mail message that is sent by Public Mobile.   I think that I was initially confused by the use of the words activate deactivated from the first post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@recovery12q : Edit: You can't If you can log in to your Public Mobile self-serve account then you can change the SIM card yourself. The email address is only used for login. It would be recommended to change the email addresses on your account to a working email address but not necessary.

Did you lose the SIM and/or the phone thereby needing to change it on your account?

@recovery12q wrote:

Okay well then I’m that case I need to only swap my SIM card to my new one year old email doesn’t matter I can still log in I just need to swap my old sim for this one I just bought 

Are you saying that your Public Mobile account is deactivated or that your no longer have that e-mail address?  

recovery12q

Okay well then I’m that case I need to only swap my SIM card to my new one year old email doesn’t matter I can still log in I just need to swap my old sim for this one I just bought 

@recovery12q wrote:

Can’t I at least transfer my old account then???

Your old account cannot be re-opened. Although they could in theory free up your old e-mail address for use on a new account, your activation would still be in a new, sepearate account. It's just easier most times to use a different e-mail address.

recovery12q
  • I followed their protocall of making a ticket 

recovery12q

Can’t I at least transfer my old account then???

@recovery12q wrote:

I’ve been trying to reach your moderators for almost a month now to change my email so I can activate my SIM card. I’ve emailed 4x. I need to change my email because I deactivated it over a year ago.

Public Mobile does not provide support over e-mail.  Also, your deactivated account is permanently closed.  You'll need to open a brand new account, and in general, a different e-mail address should be used compared to last time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@recovery12q , have you checked your private message inbox for a reply?  What method did you use to contact the moderators?  Did you initiate a support ticket or did you private message them directly?  Either way, they would have responded each time.  4 consecutive misses is beyond unusual.  

Need Help? Let's chat.